1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Couple questions about upcoming trip

Discussion in 'Comps' started by smithipedia, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a couple questions before my trip this weekend.

To help answer the questions, I will be staying at MB for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite, $700 FP, $400 RC and round trip limo from/to airport. This is for my best friends Bachelor party that I am hosting for myself and 5 other guys.

1. I want to track my ADT. Can I ask my host and/or Mlife rep for my ADT every day and/or end of trip?
      • I want to make sure I hit my upfront offers but more importantly I want to make sure I am getting the right backend comps at the end of the stay; I am sure we will have $3,000 - $5,000 charged to the room.
    2. The limo is a MB limo; can I ask the driver to stop at a liquor store on the way to MB from the airport?
      • I didnt know if that was a "no-no". Normally, I don't need to do this since my host comps all my stuff, but I know the others (who do not gamble much or at all) will want to drink in our suite.
      • Is it okay to check-in and bring in some cases of beer / bottles of alcohol?
    3. I want to tip my host $100 (I got a Amex gift card for him) - what is the best way to deliver this to him?
      • I was just put under my new host since my previous one is now gone. This will be my first trip under him so I want him to know I appreciate that he takes care of me. I know this is not necessary, but it's Vegas, tips go a long way.

My biggest concern is backend comps. I tend to drink a LOT in Vegas and I don't stop gambling. Last trip I did $70k coin in and that was mostly on penny slots (no VP at all). All I got was Standard room and $600 in food comped off on the backend. I didn't even realize how much I played until I got back and checked my tax info. I was up, so I didn't care, but I definitely left money on the table from not using more comps.

Thanks in advance! I am counting down the days!

2. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically I go up to Mlife desk daily in the morning and ask my ADT. As far as a pit stop for liquor that's fine but I would give $40 tip as opposed to $25. As far as tips I usually put $100 bill in a thank you card...I hear mixed on this as some people say they can't accept it but my host said it's fine. And definitely ok to have alcohol at check in...I usually grab scotch at duty free to keep in room and have it out at check in because I may have had a swig in the limo. I can honestly say if they are still comping you on a winning trip your ahead in my books. Good luck on your upcoming trip

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with what @mickyblueeyes said. There's a liquor store right across the strip from MB, I don't think the limo driver should have any problem stopping there, unless they have some rule against it. He wants a tip. I don't think you have to tip him any extra for that though.

A few bottles of booze should be no problem if you've got them in bags or something (maybe ask the liquor store for a box). Multiple cases of beer, I dunno, it's impossible to hide. I'm just picturing the bell stacking them on the trolley. I've had the bell bring multiple boxes of groceries into a hotel and they never blinked, but they weren't labeled BUD LIGHT. :beer:

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! I really didn't want to have to talk to my host everyday about ADT, lol.
    I have heard mixed reviews about cash, so I went with the gift card. Do you just hand them $100 bill, or do you hide it in a card or something?
    I figured that's where they would take us. I guess no harm in asking!

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either way on the host tip cash or gift card, you should really tuck it into a thank you note or card.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually a thank you card with $100 but on occasion I forget the card and do the $100 hand shake.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't gorget, there is a liquor store in the airport... not terribly expensive and probably less than the extra tip to driver.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.