1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Could be the worst thing I've ever eaten ... McDs

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm cruising northward on the 101 last night (early this a.m. actually) from LAX, hungry hungry, and looking for something semi-palatable but drive-friendly. I'm finding nada, strike out at two just-closed Starbucks, so I end up -- gasp -- at McShitz.

I don't want a burger, there's not much else and though I know they are fried but I decide to kid down and try a CrapNuggets for the first time and an iced tea. OK, I'm not expecting nirvana. I know there's no nutrition. I'm not expecting food, really. But I've been hours in a plane and no food for 12 or so. Expectations being what they are, I was almost pleased to learn I was not presented food.

Likely the worst thing I've ever eaten. Or tasted. I ate one, the rest went in the can when I got home.

Horrid. Simply. Totally. Awful.

2. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People always laugh because I travel with so much food, but that is the primary reason. I have not eaten at McDonalds in forever!

3. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you would have been better off with a burger. The McD chicken stuff looks more like ground up god-knows-what. Some of the FF places advertise that they serve chunks of white breast meat-----pretty sure that is not true at McD

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except for the fact that McBad's burgers suck, too. :rolleyes2:

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And what did you expect from processed, fused together chicken? :) As much as I love McD's (and I do), I would never order those.

You know in their chicken wraps, they have decent chicken strips in there. I don't know whey they don't just sell those instead of the "nuggets". Yuk.

With that said, I love McD's. It's inexpensive, consistent and I like their burgers.

6. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their fish burgers! Yum!

7. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Yup -
    The Chicken McNugget has ZERO "meat" in it.
    It is pulverize chicken beak, cartiliage, bone.....pretty much "the rest" of the chicken.
    It is then, ammoniated........given a white meat colorization ( because the actual color is pinkish + slimey).......lotsa salt added.
    ( I read two different books about it ).
    25 years ago -
    I ate my first ( and last ) Taco Bell.
    I ate two soft tacos at lunch..........I couldn't eat for another 24 hrs --
    the fat content in my stomach left me w/ a "full stomach" feeling for that long.
    It is a tough decision to make when you're starving and only
    have Fast, Process Food options.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't eat fast food, except for an occasional Cousin's sub sandwich, but once every two years or so, I will buy a quarter pounder w/cheese at Mickey Ds. It's not a destination, but if we are on the road it fills the bill for a quick meal.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love what they serve up for breakfast. Hate everything else, except the filet o' fish. They are excellent

10. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jack in the box 99cents 2 tacos

has mystery meat, and greasy as heck. but for 99cent and drive through its enough to get you onto the next destination.

fk

11. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Ken, Did you try to drown them in any of the sauces they probably didn't offer you?

12. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I LOVE McDonalds nuggets!!! 40 nuggets for $7.99!!!

Would eat them for every meal if I could without dying a young a boring life

Also LOVE their Hot and Spicey McChickens!!!

13. IAlowroller

IAlowroller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    loved their spicy chicken bites they had 2 summers ago (or last summer?) with the green chili dipping sauce. Those were "real" chicken and were awesome for a quick snack.

14. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have pretty much established in previous posts that you are a bit of a snob to anything fast food and thats pretty much reiterated here when you say "McShitz", "CrapNuggets", "kid down" and "no nutrition"

So I don't know what you were expecting, but when you pulled in to that McDonald's you were pretty much planning and expecting to hate whatever food they served you, irregardless of taste or quality... so not really a surprise that you hated it.

15. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken,

Don't they have salads at McD's? I know that nobody actually orders them and they might be on the menu just for show, but that would probably be your only semi-healthy option at McD's.

My Longest Trip Ever
  16. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Burgers are not bad for you...its the large fry and large soda that people pair with them that make the meal bad. Hamburger is really high in protein...

17. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those tacos ARE great. En route from Reno to Wendover last year we stopped in Jack in the Box Winnemucca on I-80 for a few on a recommendation from a dealer. They were so good we stopped there again on the way back. I've been eating fast food for 50 years and never spent a night in the hospital. People eat grass, tofu and seaweed and don't make it to 40. F-that. I'm going to die eating red meat, pizza, fried chicken washed down with bourbon and ginger ale or coke. You know where you can stick your grass and tofu...

18. sm2420

sm2420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I change my fry for the salad, but I always ask for one with one less ingredient, usually the cheddar cheese, so they make one fresh, otherwise you may get one that has been there too long...

19. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

ohh man you are missing out. TB is the greatest thing on earth. I eat there at least once a week. usually twice.

20. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You picked the worst thing they make. Breakfast menu is not much better, IMO. Fish and burgers are edible so long as they are very fresh.

Having said that, I must admit that I am a stockholder. McD did okay in the last recession when a lot of companies tanked. I keep meaning to sell it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.