Cosmopolitan

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. boofmichael

boofmichael Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked for May 2018. Booked a terrace studio fountain view, any chances of getting upgraded to a 1 bedroom?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at their pricing for some random day in May, it looks like the 1 bedroom fountain view isn't much of an upgrade. $10 per night difference. I think I'd just go ahead and book at the slightly higher rate and not worry about it as there are a lot of high rates that month, so room availability could be a problem.

3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, you might look at Cosmo website or utube for the floorplans of the studio versus the one bedroom layout. If you like the Japanese soaking tub with a view and pocket bedroom door then I'd upgrade to the one bedroom which is reasonably priced.
    We actually prefer the layout of the terrace studio over the one bedroom when we don't do the terrace suite - just a personal preference.

The 'fountain view' is the main event, lol.

4. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Cosmo in June Sunday-Thursday, checking in late. Have a terrace studio booked, looking for a simple upgrade to a fountain view. Pretty confident the $20 will work.

Tried the $20 trick for my wedding but it didn't work. Had a wrap around fountain view booked, was hoping for it to be in the Boulevard tower in the 35-55 floor range, facing the strip/fountains. The clerk worked the phones hard for me but nothing seemed to be available. She then worked with me and I got a the 37th floor in the Chelsea tower facing the fountains and strip (slightly blocked by the Boulevard tower). Honestly the room was unreal, provided such a wow factor for us and our guests that we hosted. Here's a pic.

Attached Files:

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Colesc15

Colesc15 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going in July and staying two nights (Wednesday night and Thursday night). My room is comped and just booked by calling directly. I'm booked in a terrace one bedroom. What could I potentially hope for with a $20 trick? My guess is we'll be checking in through the invited guests line

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The jump to a fountain view room is small. The next jump after that is either a Wraparound or a Terrace Suite and those are big jumps, around $200/night retail.

7. Colesc15

Colesc15 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do those ever happen for a complimentary upgrade?

8. spicole

spicole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No.

If it isn't an absolute "no", it is very unlikely.

Weekend getaway with the wife + Journey/Def Leppard (her idea!)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Texas Steph

Texas Steph Semi-reformed Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

I've booked a comp Terrace Studio three different stays; got a complimentary upgrade two of those times to a Terrace Suite Fountain View without even asking.

If you really want a Suite and/or a view, just ask. It can happen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. spicole

spicole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is good feedback. It looks like I am wrong!

Weekend getaway with the wife + Journey/Def Leppard (her idea!)
  11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My play level results in offers that normally cover up to a One Bedroom Fountain View. They never state the room type, I've just found out by trial and error. There was one trip I booked where they were able to book me into a Terrace Suite because the pricing for my dates just eked under the comp value they were willing to give me.

So it's not impossible that they'll put you in a Wraparound or Terrace Suite. I always agree in advance to pay an upgrade fee, so I don't know what the best way to approach it at the front desk would be. I think I'd just try for the complimentary upgrade, and if you get it, go back down later and slide the agent a $20 in an envelope.

I think free upgrades are 90% a function of inventory and 10% the mood of the agent.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  12. kabbage

kabbage Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sunday - Thursday stay, booked terrace studio

Was hoping to get upgraded to a fountain view terrace, they put me into a fountain view wraparound suite :D:D:D

• Like Like x 3