1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Rate Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sharper, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called to check rates for Sunday March 19 and Monday March 20. It's $420 and $700 respectively. I know it's March madness (that's why I'm going out) but that seems really high for Sunday and Monday. Stayed the same two days last year and it's was less than half that. I checked the convention calendar, nothing huge. Anyone have any insight as to why the high prices those days?

2. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What room were you getting quoted?

I just checked online and was able to get a wraparound terrace suite for $1133 including taxes and fees...

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not have a direct answer, but you can see these rates online pretty easy. I pulled up Mirage and that week seems high as well. Might be worth checking a few others to see what they are up to.

I think you have a few things working against you. Cosmo is able to hold their high rates in general. March Madness. Booking way in advance. Seems some places will post high rates and then lower if bookings drop.

4. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called back to try to figure it out. Those rates were for wraparound terrace. Combining those rates with my free Sterling night, the total went from $1120 to $670 somehow. Seems strange that the only rooms they'd have available were wraparound or terrace suites.

5. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was another suite that I saw, I don't remember what, but it was more expensive...

6. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrace suites can be more expensive than a regular wraparound because all terrace suites have fountain view. If it wasn't that, you may have been looking at a lanai suite (2 story w/ plunge) or a two bedroom city suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.