1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo vs Bellagio upgrade game

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasSchemer, Jun 30, 2020.

1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for some VMB wisdom. Taking the wife to Vegas for our anniversary.

Staying in a Wynn base room for 3 nights, then going to Tahoe for a few days and then back to Vegas for 2 nights. (That’s just the schedule that worked with our friends in those two locations).

For the last two nights I have a Paris base room for $0, but I’m looking to splurge a bit.

I have Cosmo terrace fountain view for $366 all-in booked as a backup. But I could also do a Bellagio base room through myVEGAS for $95ish (the two resort fees) and then go for a room upgrade at check in. With a budget of $125/night on the upgrade, do you think a Salone Suite or Bellagio Suite with a fountain view is on the table?

I know you should normally just book the room you want but it seems like a unique time for getting a good deal on rooms. And if we end up staying in the base Bellagio rooms, that’s not a huge bummer.

Opinions on likelihood of getting the upgrade I’m describing at that price next Tuesday-Thursday?
    Base room is $107 for the public right now vs $197 for Salone (no view guaranteed). That seems possible to snag a Salone Fountain View (if that exists).

2. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay with Wynn or Cosmo. Paris would be a significant step down IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. greekjim

greekjim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don’t let them put you on the fourth floor like they did me at the bellagio

4. fudgewapner

fudgewapner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in a Cosmo terrace fountain view 2 two times and I think it's absolutely amazing. Having a balcony is great, and that fountain view never gets old. I was sitting out there morning and night. Highly highly recommend. I've stayed at Bellagio before and it's fine, but Cosmo is on another level to me. And the sq. footage with a Cosmo terrace room is about 720 including the terrace, just a tiny bit smaller than a Salone suite, with more modern decor and that view. I'd stick with the Cosmo room, especially if you have not stayed there before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a special trip and a milestone celebration, I would recommend locking in something you KNOW you will be happy with.

I often play the upgrade game with hotels, flights, rental cars, etc. It can be fun, it can be a nice surprise, it can be an unexpected positive benefit, but it can also be a disappointment if it doesn’t land.

In your case I would lock in Cosmo. One of the absolute best resorts, best locations with unmatched views and a very unique terrace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. FloppedASet

FloppedASet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So true* never know what will transpire with the upgrade. Its always the first gamble of the trip!

7. Hector

Hector Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on how much money you win!!;)

8. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with ChilliPalmer lock in the Cosmo; then, when you check in see if you can upgrade to a fountain view wrap around suite for the same price. Tell them it's ;your anniversary. I've always had good luck upgrading at the Cosmo.

9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it’s worth, Bellagio has always been a difficult upgrade for me. They generally say not possible to upgrade beyond where the host booked you in. The paid room may be a different story, but they seem to like to protect their suites. Cosmo is a relatively easy upgrade, a small fee to get into a Terrace Suite (guaranteed primo view, sometimes not available) or wraparound suite—which they have a ton of.