1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Pool advice?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by lopr2015, Jun 22, 2020.

1. lopr2015

lopr2015 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never really visited the pools in Vegas, but will be traveling with a friend who wants to hang out at the pool one day during our stay. We will be staying at Cosmo midweek and I am curious to know your best "insider tips" for the boulevard pool. Specifically, how early should we arrive to expect to get lounge chairs? Am I naive to assume that we can expect to get some sort of lounge chair without having to pay $100 for a day bed rental? (I am just not sure we will stay long enough to justify the expense). Any advice is appreciated.

2. dms1964

dms1964 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Midweek this summer I don't think you have anything to worry about. Weekends would be a completely different story but midweek this summer with zero conventions in town you should not have any issues. The Cali crowd still fills it up on the weekends but with domestic air travel still way down and almost all foreign flights cancelled, the Cosmo and all the strip will be empty during the week.

3. NotSinatrasHand

NotSinatrasHand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Cosmo mid last week and if you go around 9-10 in the morning you can get a lounge chair no problems. the issue is that during the weekdays only Boulevard pool is open with the Chelsea pool closed. And I find that the Boulevard pool doesn't have a lot of shade and no useable umbrellas. so if you burn easy then your choices of where to sit goes way down as most loungers are in the sun and as you know, Vegas sun is hot and I mean hot. you can still order drinks and food if you plan to stay the day. Make sure you bring your phone as their menu is on QR code for scanning.

And if you have any questions about my Cosmo stay, I am happy to answer :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ATLchris

ATLchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m currently at Cosmo and we spent today at Boulevard pool. We arrived around 9:15 am (pool opens at 9 and closes at 6), and it was relatively quiet for the first couple of hours that we were there. We had reserved a daybed, which requires a $175 food and beverage minimum, however between two people ordering food and drinks it doesn’t take long to reach that amount! That being said, I noticed that even by mid afternoon there were still loungers available, although most were on the upper deck, not poolside. As others have mentioned, Boulevard is the only pool open weekdays, so definitely expect it to be quite busy. The pool staff was excellent and very attentive, which made for a great experience!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lopr2015

lopr2015 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the very helpful information!

6. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    semi random, but just booked some spa stuff at the cosmo for the wife over the phone. theyre operational obviously but apparently sauna/steam group type stuff is currently closed. part of the current mandate they said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. lopr2015

lopr2015 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Crawfordesquire, I found out the same info when I was looking into booking a massage. Still debating on whether the cost is worth it with the diminished services..