1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Points from Spend?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by HuskerBB, Feb 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in LV last week. Did not stay at Cosmo but paid for dinner for six at Beauty & Essex - around $250 total I think. Game them my card as I was pretty sure you got points for spending and the waitress indicated that she would record it that way. But now that I look at my account I did not get any points for that - just have a few more than I had before which would be from a little bit of play there this trip. I should have gotten points for that right?

I assume I am out of luck in getting those points - I don't think I have the receipt - but would have the charge on my credit card statement I could send them I guess. Not a big deal but frustrating. I have had the same problem with mlife restaurants - even if they say they will record the points it seems to almost never happen unless you take the receipt to the mlife desk. CET properties on the other hand almost always record it so you get the points - although I don't think they have as much impact at CET as they do at mlife or Cosmo.

2. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is odd. Did you use points at Beauty & Essex? I would assume even if you used some points you would get points back for whatever balance you paid in cash.

If you don't want to lose on those points I would just email them and see if there's anything you can do like provide a picture from your bank statement. Doesn't hurt to ask.

3. mhetrick

mhetrick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I know you can receive points for that purchase if you still have the receipt. Not sure if a bank statement would work though. You can email them at [email protected] and include your membership number to explain the situation. I've found that even if the server "says" or "does" scan your card...the system may not credit. Any purchases I make at Cosmo I verify and keep all receipts until I see them in my history.

It's worth getting the points because it would be about 1,250 Tier points.

4. wtwde

wtwde Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can send them a bank/credit card statement to get the points. I had the same issue a couple of years ago, sent them a redacted copy of the statement and they took care of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this as well. Within a couple of days I got the points credited. Receipt is easiest to get done obviously but a redacted credit card statement works as well.

6. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know if you can get points for spend on drinks at Chandelier bar?

7. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can!

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Any resort spend counts.

9. HHFan

HHFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My success rate earning points when using a CC for payment is probably 10%. Everything goes to the room, and I cross my fingers that anything I buy on the way out gets credited correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.