1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo cabanas?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mark Reagin, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Mark Reagin

Mark Reagin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping you cabana boys and girls would tell me the scoop about Cosmopolitan's Cabana program. I guess most pools in Vegas just charge you $$$ for the privacy of the cabana and maybe some bottled water and a fresh fruit plate? Cosmo cabana at the Chelsea pool is $300 plus taxes, gratuities, service charges. But my family member who is organizing this Cosmo pool day says this $300 is allowing you an offsetting food and beverage credit? i would like to hear more about your Cosmo pool experiences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mongo380

mongo380 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a while but from what I can remember the cabana fees were food and beverage spend minimums. So you get the cabana and then can apply that towards food and bev. We used to get a stack of red bulls and some beers to take back to the room if we didn't hit our minimum before closing out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the cabana fee is a food and beverage minimum. If you can ever book one for $200-300, I find it to be one of the best values in Vegas for a day away from the tables. Make sure someone gets the Identity points for the spend too.
    Same here. The staff at Cosmo's pool are great and will suggest using every penny of the minimum if you aren't close.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done multiple cabanas and daybeds at Cosmo. The service is always top notch and the food and beverage minimum is really customer friendly. MLIFE used to be food and beverage at many of their pools like MGM Grand, but recently shifted to only half of your minimum is food and beverage spend.

If you have flexibility with your dates play around with Cosmos online calendar and rates. They have specials and obviously weekdays are cheaper than weekends.

5. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you can get a Standard Cabana @ Chelsea for $200 on most weekdays in Nov/Dec. Only $325 on Christmas, $250 on NYE.

First (and last) trip of the year :(
  6. mongo380

mongo380 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if occupancy is low, you can walk up to the desk and offer less. A few times I've gotten lucky. But you run the risk of not having a reservation if they are sold out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. eliza

eliza VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumb question (obviously I'm not usually a pool person), but do you have to be staying at Cosmo to do a cabana?

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pre-covid, no.
    Currently, yes.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. skybank

skybank Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As we just did a Cosmo cabana last month (September) the cost is off set by the food & beverage credit. You also get unlimited soft drinks and waters, also a fruit tray.
    There is a dedicated server and bus person, they check on you all the time. There is a refrigerator and safe in the cabana as well, we were at the Blvd pool.
    The drinks and food was all great and it was really an enjoyable day, they were not that strict about the masks but I did wear mine while going to the wash room and did not
    wear it to and from the pool.