1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo 5/29 - 6/2 - semi live TR - lots of food/pool

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by corgilady2011, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corgilady2011

corgilady2011 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My husband and I leave for Vegas tomorrow morning. I am pretty new to this forum but people were pretty helpful in my previous threads so I figured that it may be good to let everyone know where we end up and what we end up doing.

I am 28 years old and my husband is 31. This is my 5th trip to Vegas, but our third together. We arrive at 11:30 tomorrow morning and then will depart around lunch time on Friday. We stayed at Aria our last trip, low key relaxing trip but we decided to try Cosmo for the first time this trip. We have a 1 bedroom fountain view suite booked.

As far as what we have planned:

Monday - 5/29 - arrive around lunch, not many plans other than Scarpetta for dinner
    Tuesday - 5/30 - pool day - have a cabana booked at the Chelsea/Bamboo pool for $200 F&B credit. Good deal. :)
    Wednesday - 5/31 - shopping day (very likely) -- I am looking to purchase my first luxury handbag so we'll likely be spending a lot of time at Bellagio and Crystals. We have Prime at Bellagio booked this evening. I am really not so sold on this, but my husband and I are looking for some fantastic king crab legs & traditional lobster tail and we don't want to go too far from our hotel. If anyone has any alternate suggestions for us, I would be all for it!!
    Thursday - 6/1 - we have dinner booked at Picasso.

Not too big gamblers, but we are going to try a bit this time around. Bringing a couple of thousand with us to try our luck.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shannon

Shannon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be at the Cosmo the exact same dates! Cant wait!

3. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're going to love the room at Cosmopolitan, I just stayed in the 1 bedroom fountain view room. The balcony is nice to. My girlfriend and I would head back to the room in the evening to unwind and open the balcony door and listen to the fountains. We would head out again after midnight.

Ernie

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there.
    I'm looking forward to your report as the hubby and I will be staying at Cosmo in a couple of weeks.
    We have reservations at Scarpetta, so I'll be watching to see what you thought of the experience.
    Not sure if you already checked, but STK, the Steakhouse at Cosmopolitan, has both lobster tails and Alaskan Red King Crab.

Have a great trip!

6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!
    Looks like a great plan!

It all sounds great to me, except I'd probably skip the luxury handbag since my Coach purse still goes great with my shoes. :D

Happy travels and I look forward to following along! :peace:

RICHARD

The Alperts Take Polo Towers!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Sounds like fantastic plan. Enjoy your trip and good luck with the gambling.

8. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip. We will be at Cosmo on those days too. Actually in route now. Enjoy

9. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip!

10. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Louis Vuitton at Crystals is the best in Vegas, IMHO! Great handbag selection.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. corgilady2011

corgilady2011 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just arrived to Vegas and checked in at the Cosmo.

Never tried the $20 trick before but it worked. Upgraded from the one bedroom fountain view to a terrace suite.

Off to find something to eat.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  12. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you got the first win of the trip. Nice view, enjoy. Looking forward to more.

13. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Lobster definitely Joes crab at Caesars. They do an excellent job. Personally I wouldn't do STK. Prime is much better

14. corgilady2011

corgilady2011 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First meal of the trip was Holsteins. Had a couple of nice burgers and some buffalo wings. 20170529_132259.jpg

20170529_133123.jpg

Very good. We could only eat half of our burgers so we took the rest to go. Promptly ended up heating the leftovers for breakfast this AM.

Then went to chandelier and had a couple of drinks as it was much less crowded than the Holsteins bar

20170529_144402.jpg

Went back to room and had a cat nap before dinner. Dinner was Scarpetta. I made our reservations right at 6 pm to try and get a fountain view. There were easily about 6 other couples trying to do the same thing. We were successful. No pics but decent view. Thought the view from our room is better though.

Scarpetta service left a bit to be desired. Most specifically the sommelier. He came to our table and just merely asked if we wanted wine. My husband posed a couple of questions to him to see if he could make more specific recommendations to us and he just pointed to certain things on the menu. No questions to us on what type of wines we usually like..what we were planning on ordering. I am a big wine drinker and was quite disappointed.

We had the scallop and bacon wrapped prawn appetizer. Husband and I both agreed the prawn was the clear winner.

20170529_182845.jpg

Husband had the duck fois gras ravioli and cleaned his plate.

20170529_184438.jpg

I had the pici.. the lobster pasta. I liked the pasta better than the lobster surprisingly.

20170529_184429.jpg

Scarpetta food was a good one time experience but probably would try something different next go around..if merely for nothing more than variety. Waiter service was very good though.

We went and played some blackjack and vp after. A little bit of slots. No big hits but both of us played over 2 hours..scored 3 drinks and only down around 65 at the moment.

Went back to the room to watch the fountains and called it a pretty early night as we had a busy travel day and trying to adjust to the time zone difference.
    20170529_211720.jpg

Have a cabana at the Chelsea pool today. We check in about an hour

• Like Like x 4
  15. CaptCanada

CaptCanada Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Cosmo as well until Saturday night. Hope we run into ya!

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice food pics!

17. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great food pics!

18. bighouse304

bighouse304 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following! Good luck!

19. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And you started out so well...
    Hope you'll be back to finish up and give a recap. :beer:

20. corgilady2011

corgilady2011 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I apologize everyone.. We should have heeded advise regarding STK vs. Prime.. we went to STK because we were already in the hotel. We spent our last couple of days of the trip pretty much stuck in the room due to food poisoning. We still are not sure what the "culprit" was - because my husband and I basically shared everything on the trip. We are thinking that some of the seafood they served us was a bit off.

Cosmo was very gracious despite that (they comped roughly 25% of our bill). Still feel slightly under the weather and I'll try to post a recap sometime early next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.