1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo 1 BR fountain view suite for 3 nights after wedding, good choice ?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by GilGunderson, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Title says it all. Getting married this summer, and after much research and deliberation, we found this room to be a good mix of amenities and value. We considered air bnb, but none of the high end stuff on or near strip with a private pool (palms place and similar) was affordable. Was looking for an option with a jacuzzi , but between the walk in shower and jet tub the cosmo had with this room, figured it would suffice. Could I have done better, or should this make us pretty happy ?

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the one bedroom fountainview at Cosmo. I really like the dressing area. The fountainview angled studio is also a great room. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice!

3. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in one of these last summer, and it was superb.

No idea of what else was available, but you have a great room, in a great property, and you should be very happy.

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
  4. ERQTraveler

ERQTraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @GilGunderson Personally I prefer the layout of the terrace studio.

FYI - The tubs are different in the terrace studio and terrace 1 bedroom.

Terrace studio has a regular tub that I believe accommodates 2 people and is jetted.

Terrace 1 bedroom has a Japanese soaking tub which is smaller than a regular tub and I’m not sure it’s jetted. Also I think you sit more upright.

It sounds like the tub is important to you, and you may want to look into this specific detail a bit more.

ERQ

5. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ERQ is 100% correct. I think the 1 Bedroom is not really all that great. Splurge just a touch more and get the Fountain View Terrace Suite. You won't be disappointed. If budget allows - the wrap-around suite covers it all - with the exception of no bubbler tub.

6. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were "upgraded" from a Terrace Studio fountain view to a Terrace 1 BR fountain view with the $20 trick a couple years back when we stayed at Cosmo. I don't have a Studio to compare it to, but the soaking tub with window view was kind of boring and the view was sort of tough to see anything without stretching your neck and turning around uncomfortably. We would have preferred the jetted tub, knowing then what we know now.

Plus it seems like the layout of the Terrace Studio is a bit more open and usable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ERQTraveler

ERQTraveler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the tub was jetted in a wrap around suite. But I don’t recall exactly.

8. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It isn't unless they changed them after the reno. It's a deep-soaking tub.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in both, and I'm one of the people who think the Studio layout is better than the One Bedroom. The One Bedroom has this wasted space between the living area and the bedroom.

The Studio has a jetted tub (I think), the One Bedroom has the square soaking tub next to the window. Wraparounds don't have a jetted tub.

The One Bedroom has a pocket door, which is good if one of you wants to nap.

A Terrace Suite (has fountain view and jetted tub) would be great too, but it'll cost twice as much. A non-fountain view Wraparound costs a little less than a Terrace Suite, a fountain view Wraparound is a little more.

10. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should clarify it is the Terrace 1 BR. Thank you all for the replies.

• Like Like x 1
  11. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the 1BRTFV (because that name is just way too damn long) is the single best room I have ever stayed in - period. The view, the space, the huge bathroom w/jacuzzi, and the resort itself are top notch. I intend to try to get upgraded to it if it's not too expensive when I arrive tomorrow (booked a City Room and have played that into the 1BR before). You will not be disappointed.

12. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clarifying because based on the title with the 'suite' word in it, I thought at first you were referring to the Terrace Suite Fountain View - this suite has a larger bedroom, kitchenette, two bathrooms, one with jetted tub and separate walkin shower, the other has a nice walkin shower. These suites are in the Chelsea tower.

As others have noted, the Terrace one Bedroom FV has the deep Japanese soaking tub, but it is not jetted.
    The Terrace Studio FV bathroom has a jetted tub and separate walkin shower.

You can't go wrong with any of these rooms - but the Fountain View is a must!!

Happy wedding, Happy Vegas, and Happy ever after!!

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're describing a "Terrace Suite." It has one bedroom and the main bathroom is large and has a jetted tub. It's a much larger room than the "1BRTFV."

The 1BRTFV doesn't have a jetted tub, and the bathroom is laid out galley style in a narrow row, toilet, sinks, shower, tub.

The Terrace Suite is pretty much my favorite room in Vegas. I haven't seen any pics of the renovated version yet with the kitchen appliances removed.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  14. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on the terrace.

You'll thank us when you're out there, first thing in the morning, enjoying fresh air with your coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.