1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cooking in Hotel Room?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by georgewalskin, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole topic seems a bit out there to me. Maybe this does occur in hotels all over the world, but we're talking about luxury resorts in Las Vegas. If you want to cook in your hotel, then rent one that has a kitchen.

2. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going anytime soon, you should be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk.

If that doesn't appeal to you, the Jockey Club has full kitchens with everything you need to cook.

3. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you should cook in your room if it's not equipped with a kitchen. If you do choose to cook in it anyways, be considerate of those around you and don't cook foods that stink, like hard boiling eggs.

4. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could understand a cooler with some sandwich stuff and snacks but once your "cooking" in a hotel room I think you should look for a suite with at least a kitchenette. For at least safety reasons.
    Wyndham Grand Desert or the Worldmark Las Vegas are nice options. Includes full kitchen and in unit laundry.

I've actually thought about this but can't get past the cleaning of the dishes and general hassle.

Whatever you do, please don't brink the propane tanks. :wave:

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Electric pot to heat water

Last time I packed a small electric pot to heat water to make me some hot tea. The water boiled real fast. You could buy some cooked boiled eggs at the drug stores and just heat them up in the pot with the hot water.

You could buy cups of noodles and just add hot water from the pot. Or cans of soup or stews and heat it up in the electric pot.

I had my electric pot in the bathroom near the sink where it was a safe area for the pot. It only took a few min. to boil water.

I also boiled water to do a saline sinus rinse. The winds create a allergy problem for me in Vegas.

I only use my electric pot to heat water to make me some hot tea. Lucy

6. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Platinum...it's a short walk from the strip next to Ellis island. Full kitchens, balcony, etc. other than that I think you'll be fine bringing it...just use common sense with where you put it and make sure you turn it off after.

7. Kay

Kay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Chinese restaurant in the food court at the Flamingo Hotel that sells plain steamed rice and it's very inexpensive. I lived on this a couple of years ago when I was ill for a few days.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed 100%

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will say on disboards.com (Walt Disney World) this also can become a VERY heated topic & people get outrite rude sometimes. But general conscensus is to try to avoid cooking in the rooms when you are not at a facility with cooking equipment installed - or proper ventilation to avoid smelling up the neighbors rooms. If you have one of the small hot water pots though, you can do water for instant oatmeal, ramen, etc. & not have problems.

If cost is a big factor, find a cheaper hotel room & use the difference on food. Also you can walk from the strip to places like Ellis Island to get cheap steak meal & good value ribs meal. JJ's in the hall between Paris & Ballys has like $9.99 for 2 slices of pizza & a soda. The Mexican place in Ballys has $2 tacos yet I believe. Hash House at IP has huge breakfasts that will keep you full until supper easily if you eat later in the morning. If I am with bff & family we eat a big breakfast late near 10:30 (right at end of breakfast) at Paris or Flamingo or PH buffet. We are definitely full until supper!! If I am doing the 24 hour buffet pass, I eat a lot less at the buffet stops because I know I will be going again soon! Somewhere like Margaritaville has the Volcano Nachos - huge serving - you can add beef or chicken for a couple bucks extra.

My food budget for one person normally ranges from $45 to $70 per day. On days where I eat lower end I can cushion the following day for a nicer supper etc. I don't think I have ever exceeded $250 or so over a 5 day period, even with the 'nicer' meals thrown in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.