1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Concerts of Years Gone By

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by joespoolhall, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would have had to have been 81 - 82 time frame, probably at The Channel in Boston. I think it was a co-bill with The Blasters and some local Boston band. It was probably before Under the Big Black Sun came out, or right around that time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    managed to catch SSJ at Seneca bears den twice in last few years. Still puts on lively show. Would love to see a show at stone pony.

80’s were my concert decade. Most already listed here. One summer 87? I worked at a Toronto attraction called Ontario Place. At the time, they had a venue called the Forum with a revolving stage surrounded by seats then lawn. At that time, you paid admission to Ontario Place but the concerts were free. A wide breadth of children’s entertainment, oldies, up and comers, those on the way down and “b” acts.

I must have seen 50 concerts that summer alone. Great times!

I have a list somewhere in a box.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. pjbear05

pjbear05 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Living in Detroit, I had some mighty venues. Olympia Stadium, Masonic Temple, Pine Knob (which I REFUSE to call DTE Music Theater.
    But the king of them all was The House That Rock Built, Cobo Arena:

Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Yes (2X)
    Bob Seger
    JethroTull (2X, one w/ Robin Trower)
    Ted Nugent
    Black Sabbath
    Alice Cooper

And last and best:
    Blow Your Face Out recording- J. Geils Band/Mountain/Golden Earring.

4. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two bands that have gone out of there way to make me happy to be alive when you see them live. One of them is King's X which I can talk about another time, but they're pretty amazing. The other is Shinyribs. Kevin has really blown up the last few years, but this guy actually played my buddy's wedding several years back before adding horns to his band permanently. I've seen him thrice and each time you just feel great to be alive. I told him after one show that his music was better than Prozac and his next album was called 'I Got Your Medicine'. Was happy to look him up just now and see a new live performance available on the Texas Music Scene channel. Everyone should love this:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.