1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps at CP for table players??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RiddickBull, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course I will try and fix the situation. There are all kinds of factors. I might have generalized a bit much there. It is all about return on investment. If I am going to spend x time, I hope to get y in return. Same thing for players. If they gamble x, they expect y. The problem is when the time I spend on customers that are becoming unprofitable hurts the time I can spend on customers that are loyal and profitable, I need to allocate my limited resources accordingly. Same way with players, if you are playing and getting more at one property than another, I would fully expect that player to change where they play unless me, as a host, changes that for them. Regardless, anyone who I have ever worked with, I will always book them and give them a good deal. The differentiation is seen when it comes to whether or not I will greet someone at the curb, or pick up their call at 4 in the morning, or walk out of dinner with my wife to set up a limo for a customer. I think using the term dropped might have been a bit Machiavellian, didn't mean to come across that harsh.

2. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Paris we have a new high limit area that is pretty nice. Both at Paris or CP, the bach tables won't exactly be "popping off" with excitement on weekdays, but they are solid on weekends. The Bach tables at PH are great on the weekends, but on the weekdays it's like any other table. It's been exciting the last couple days because we have had some very big players in, and that draws medium to mid-high level players to the action. The PH high limit area is probably more up-tempo than CP and Paris since it is so close to the pleasure pit, but still separated by glass wall type things. The cromwell table area outside of high limit is great on the weekends when it's packed with nightlifers.

3. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, keep in mind that you are a very high level player, so on a scale of 1-10, you might fluctuate play levels from 10 to 6 and back up to 8 or whatever, just because your play drops or your splitting time doesn't mean I am going to drop someone. What I am referring to is when you have a customer that goes from 10 to 5, then 4, I try to help, then 3, then try to work with them some more, then 1. Then at that point, if I can't help them or they just can't play anymore (happens all the time), then I have to move on and put my energy into players that are reciprocating my efforts, and vice versa. Doesn't mean they are a bad person, or that I don't value them as a person, it just means that a lot of people's play will drop to a level that they really shouldn't have a host that provides the same level of service that a higher level player gets. That being said, if that person that went down to 1 calls me up and asks for a deal on a room, or even a comp for that matter, I'd be inclined to give them another shot and see what happens because things might have changed, but in the meantime I can't spend my time losing sleep over it, especially if it sacrifices the time I need to spend with the customers that truly deserve a high level of service.

4. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.