1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped Studio Room at Flamingo?? Should I try 20?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Loluvsvegas, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,
    So I was comped 5 nights at the Flamingo. I usually always stay there in a "GO" Room, never did fab rooms as they look kinda blah...

I opted to take the studio King. It's the wife and I and I think the extra space will be great. However, I've heard that these rooms are a bit out dated? I saw a couple vids on youtube and they didn't look bad. Nice view, double windows, etc...

Can anyone tell me about them? Does anyone have any recent photos? Also, do you think it's worth trying the $20 sandwich at check-in for a better room? Checking in about 11pm on a Sunday night...

Do you think that the upgrade if given would be perhaps to a "Go Mini Suite" or do you think I should just keep what I have?

Cheers

2. VegasDog

VegasDog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the same deal last month. After checking out the reviews and YouTube reviews, we decided to go back to Harrahs standard room. We are comfortable at Harrahs and are glad that we decided to pass on the King Studio.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A friend stayed in 1 last year & yes, it was in bad need of repair / remodel. It was clean but old mattress / dinged up furniture / stains in bathroom. We only stayed at Flam once during NYE since our normal Paris / Bally's was full enough we would not have been comped....we had a very nice Go Room & our kids had a Fab....to me, the fake hardwood floors in the Fab Room made it seem very cold. I would definitely see what a $20 tip could get me....

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on pics I've seen, I would pay a lot more than $20 to not have to stay in a Flamingo studio room.

MM Opening Weekend
  5. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get rooms in a "Mardi Gras" tower room, is that the standard? I've never stayed at Harrah's but do like the overall vibe there. Are those the ones that have recent renov?

6. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the exact things about the "FAB" rooms. They weren't comping me a "GO" for some reason...But, like you said my 20 usually works well there. (When I've booked a basic Go I've been upgraded to "Executive Go" and "GO" with great strip views. The view isn't really my concern, I just don't want to feel like I'm downgrading from my usual..

7. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could be right! I guess we will have to try. Do they give u an option to upgrade on those automatic kiosks? If it's cheap enough, I might consider it.

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valley tower has the recently renovated rooms.

MM Opening Weekend
  9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both sides of the Studio King rooms at Flamingo. On one trip, my buddy had the dated version of the room whereas I had one with "newer" bedding and furniture. It's truly a crap shoot with those, which is why I've started booking Studio Double/Queen rooms. Everyone of those that I've had looked just like the pictures on their website.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply, Shock!

11. Fraggle

Fraggle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked this our last trip and I did the $20 trick thinking I would get a better room. Instead he gave us a Fab Deluxe stripview room, which is really a downgrade. It was also smoking when I specifically booked non-smoking and made a point of asking for a room on a floor far away from smoking rooms. I was so angry I marched down, asked for the manager, got my $20 back, and was put into the Studio King we had originally booked. It was very dated, the carpet had many tears in it and having the bedroom in a room without windows and dated furniture made us feel a bit claustrophobic even though the room itself was larger. I won't ever stay at the Flamingo again because of that disgrace. On a comp room to boot, you would think they would not want to piss off their comp players. I was pretty livid.

12. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd bet you an entire paycheck all he heard was "something something...smoking room". Next time may I suggest simply calling it "a non-smoking room"?

13. Fraggle

Fraggle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was pretty specific, my wife has bad asthma and I remember telling him that. Unless bad asthma means extra smoke I can't see how he messed that up.

14. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get the $20 'tip' back?

15. Fraggle

Fraggle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked for it back, they gave it back after a bit of "oh but this is an upgraded room" crap. A fab deluxe with a view is not better than a studio king. So there was not much of a back and forth. It was incredibly frustrating. Like I said, never again for me. Harrahs has always been upfront and honest, they tell you the room they will give you before giving you the key, and if they have nothing they have always given back my$20 immediately. It's been rare but happened.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. Loluvsvegas

Loluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be specific when I give my $20 and tell him I want one of the updated studio rooms, or a GO. If not, I'll just check out and go to MGM. lol

17. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that the Flamingo is the worst place to try the $20 trick to be bumped into a different category of room: eg) Fab - Go. You may get a better level within the category such as basic Go room - Go room with strip view. You should definitely (at this property) book the room you want.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say even a dated Studio King is better than a GO. The Studio rooms have the exact same bathroom/shower as a Go room. Go rooms are small and over rated. I say take that extra space for 5 days and dated or not, go with the Studio.

Boys Superbowl Trip
    • Like Like x 1
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.