1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Comp. Vegas Night Flight

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by JoJoR, May 9, 2020.

1. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to snag the Maverick Comp. Vegas Night Flight reward this morning. Has anyone done this? Curious to see some pics from some members and your experience.

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not, but if you search this forum a bunch of results come up.

3. Timothy

Timothy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the flight, but not as a comp - I just bought it for me and my wife.

I’d recommend it. Fun, if a bit short, experience.

4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Yeah I hear it's like 10 to 15 minutes or something tops? Figured it's worth doing once.

5. Timothy

Timothy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I'd happily pay for it again. I reached out to them on their chat, just to ask a few questions, and they said if I'd book through them they'd offer me the same rate as a Groupon that's sometimes available.
    It was about $160 for me and my wife, including transportation (we were picked up at Aria along with one other couple, then made another stop at Park MGM to pick up three more people)

The guy driving the van was a blast, kept entertaining us with loud music, ... We had champagne (included) during our short briefing, waited five minutes and then got to board the helicopter.
    It's determined by weight were you sit, and me and my wife got to sit in the front which gave amazing views both during the flight and on all the instruments.

I've never flown helicopter before, but was amazed by just how smooth it goes and how accurate these pilots can manoeuvre it. He actually parallel parked it :D
    Pilot was fun and patient with helping us get our seatbelts and headphones right, and took time if wanted for a few pictures after the flight.

Tips were appreciated, I could tell.

We had the same driver back to Aria. There's two or three vans constantly driving on and off, so if you want to take your time to get a gift, go to the toilet or have a drink you could.

I used the MyVEGAS award that's available for the free souvenir photo, it only took them 10 seconds to process it, so effortless as well.

I hope to have helped you a bit more here (per my first reply I was on my phone, and I don't like to type out longer replies on that).
    Should you have any questions, shoot!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! Greatly appreciate your reply, basically answered all my questions and more. I guess the only question I have is when do you recommend I make a reservation? I'm hoping to go in July depending on how things shake out. Is this something you can book a week or two out?

7. Timothy

Timothy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you can do that, unless it’s a busy weekend or holiday, in that case that might be cutting it.

I booked about 4 months ahead, but I am an early planner. Worth noting that I had to give my time of preference (9 pm in my case), but they told me if demand was low that night they could bundle several slots, i.e. if there are only 4 people at 7 and 3 at 8 they could all have to go at 8. I don’t know how common that is. I got my preferred time.

8. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the MyVegas reward for that flight twice, a year apart. The first time was the best because of the pilot. He made some very playful maneuvers and kept the conversation going. The pilot on the second flight merely played a taped recording and didn't really answer any questions people had. Maverick is a very professional organization, though, in my opinion. Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DAMNIT--was stalking it this AM. Had FB open to the Rewards page & I click & see on is available...couldn't type my stuff in fast enough.
    Shoulda had my email ready to paste.
    I've got 2 weeks....

10. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use MyKonami on FB instead of MyVegas, it auto fills your name and email for you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta be quick for that one. There's been a few times where it says its available and by the time you go to purchase it, it's gone. Hope you get it so I can hear about your experience before I go in July!

12. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try to get the window seat behind the pilot. IMO that is the best. I've done it 3 times and have sat in the front seat near the window as well as the passenger back near the window.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @JoJoR for the original post and everyone for the replies. I've never thought seriously about doing this before but ya'll have me thinking about it hard. I'm looking to do something special for my birthday, especially if I'm in Vegas so on that day and the ride, if the timing works, followed by a late dinner, would be sweet.

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
  14. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not at night. Did the daytime to Canyon that ends with Strip flyover. Pretty cool.

Only advice I have.... understand that the advertised duration includes time in shuttle from and back to hotel. I'm glad I drove to Mavericks from Wynn... saved me quite a bit of time compared to sitting in some shuttle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OH.MY.GOSH.
    Stalked it ALL day...literally had Konami open to the reward ALL day.,,plus MyVeges open to it on FB. Notifications on...
    At 4:53 threw laundry in—MISSED IT. :grrr::cry:

16. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'll grab an uber there.

17. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOO HOO--was a bit distracted & looked at the refresh notification about 4 min. after it refreshed so thought I'd missed it AGAIN.
    But low & behold--GOT IT.
    Is it up to 7 passengers?
    DH doesn't want to. DM, DD & myself r in; I think DS will too.
    I think we will drive over as we will have a car--thx for the tip.

18. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! When is your trip in July?

19. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are seven seats. And they weigh ya.

I wonder what effects distancing will have on that biz?!?!

20. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will there be others besides us?