1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Coin in needed for comped stay at the palms

Discussion in 'Comps' started by koltunowicz, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koltunowicz

koltunowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from vegas and we spent 1 day at the palms putting $10,000 coin in thru machines playing jacks or better. Didn't come back since 10,000 is rare for us to put thru in a day. I got the card in my name and we both played on it. Any idea if that kind of play would warrant a comp stay for a couple nights? Thanks for the help

2. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say for sure, but my husband and I were there on August 11th. I played on my card and he played on his. We haven't been there in a couple/few years.

We went there with $600 left after getting our butts kicked at Tropicana, so I was playing ultra conservative -- played quarter single line 8/5 Bonus Poker (the bank with the $1199 royal which I believe is excluded from promotions there). After MAYBE a couple of hours of play we quit and I was up $75.

My husband, on the other hand, wasn't as conservative with his half of the $600. He played quarter single line and quarter triple play Double Double Bonus and lost his $300.

Two weeks later we both got offers in the mail -- husband's was 2 free WEEKnights in a Superior Fantasy Tower room (now the oldest non-remodeled rooms, I believe) with $50 free play and $50 dining credit or two free WEEKEND nights in the same room without the extras.

MY offer was rooms starting at $45. lol

Don't know if it's because I was playing those particular machines or if it's because I was a winner and he was a loser.

Went back and PAID for a Palms Place room for one night September 2 and did $37k coin in and lost $1750. Hoping to get some much better offers now.

3. koltunowicz

koltunowicz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the response. Together we ended up slight losers maybe 150 bucks down but being that it was 9/6 jacks they may not view that as attractive as others. I was wondering about palms place also. It seems as though they do not often comp those rooms. We were actually staying at mgm signature on this past trip and really enjoyed the amenities of the room, but with the better vp in the area would like to experience this at the palms, guess we will just see what happens,

thanks again!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.