1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Clubs for people in their late 30's

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by biggied9d, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggied9d

biggied9d Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have advise on clubs on the strip that my wife and I could go to. We like the music and dancing but feel being in our late 30s that we may not fit in with the club crowd. Am I thinking to much? Any club suggestions?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Drewby2b

Drewby2b Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally get what you are saying. I'm far far from an expert on the subject, but one place I've had a great time is Rockhouse at Venetian. They always have specials for open bar or cheap drinks and free entry. They usually have live music or decent-to-good karaoke and a dance floor in front of the stage. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but that's 2 cents from a guy who doesn't enjoy the mega clubs at all.

Babymoon
  3. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of music do you like?

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i belive rock house is no more

what type of music and will u pay a cover charge and how late do u want to go out and be out
    and since when is late 30s old

5. biggied9d

biggied9d Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually like the mega club music and the scene but when I walk past the lines to get in, seems like I really don't fit the mold. We like all music though and are willing to pay a cover. We are staying at Wynn if that helps any.

6. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you're staying at the Wynn, I suggest checking out XS. It's still one of my favorite clubs in Vegas and attracts a nice mix of young and old. I'm in my 40s and have never felt out of place there. Stop by the concierge at the Wynn and ask if they could possibly hook you up with the guest list being you're staying there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. biggied9d

biggied9d Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. Thanks!

8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF It's not a bender, it's a lifestyle.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock House is still there. You're probably thinking of Bourbon Room.

I don't really think of Rock House as a "club" though, really more one step above a dive bar, or at least that's how they market themselves. It's fun though on certain nights.

I'm in my 40's and I've never felt out of place at Skyfall at Delano, Bond at Cosmo or 1923 in the MB Shoppes. They're more lounge and less club though. Honestly unless you're into exceedingly loud EDM and body-on-body overcrowdedness you'd probably have more fun in the lounge scene anyway, and you can still catch good DJ's on weekends in there. I have high hopes for the Dorsey at Venetian when it opens up later this month.

9. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google Maps your nearest Applebee's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in my late 40's and if bottle service is not an option XS or Surrender will be your best bet which works out since you are already there. XS is one of the top venues in Vegas. The one thing I like more about Surrender vs XS is being able to walk outside the club to get some air and such.

Check with guest services as they may have a free entry for people staying there. If not I would recommend buying your tickets prior to arriving through the club's website which has a different line vs. the people waiting to pay to get in vs the bottle service line.

Not sure when you are going but if after March I would highly recommend going to Encore Beach Club while there.

Use the 360 Tour link to get an idea of how the clubs look and such.

http://wynnsocial.com/calendar/2016-12

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  11. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you drink enough you wont notice that you dont fit in.:beer:

12. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to bump a very old topic but I have a similar question.

Would a person in their late 30s feel grossly out of place in a club like XS? I'm tempted to go next month when Skrillex is playing (been an EDM fan since I was a broke college kid who couldn't afford to go to Vegas!).

13. Osceola

Osceola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think so. I'd avoid places like Hakkasan and Omnia, but XS is a more diverse crowd. It's my favorite club in Vegas (I'm 32) and I'm not even a big EDM fan, so if you're also there for the music you should have a blast.

Also, if you know you're going a certain night, just buy admission tickets online ahead of time. You'll be able to skip the main line and wait in what is usually a much shorter line to get in.

14. BostonJP

BostonJP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is really helpful! I was also looking at those other clubs too (Calvin Harris and Hardwell are playing that same night) so this is reassuring. I will definitely order tickets ahead of time too.

15. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are people in their late 50's in the club's with people in their 20s in Vegas. Just go with your wife, drink, dance and enjoy the scene. Any club is good with good people.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.