1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Club Grazie Questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by UKFanatic, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two weeks away from a stay at Venetian. Haven't stayed there in almost three years, so I'm not familiar with Grazie. I read up on the benefits on the venetian website, but I am curious how a player can use accumulated points. Can you swipe the card to pay for comps, ala Mlife or TR? Or is it more like Red Card at Wynn where you have to request the comps? Thanks in advance

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  2. flabola

flabola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if there is another way, but I go to the players club and they let me know how much money I have from the points. I tell them where I want to eat and about how much I expect it to cost, and they print out a voucher to that restaurant in that amount. If there's not enough to pay for the entire meal, the voucher will be for the max amount available. When I pay for my meal, I give the waiter the voucher (and credit card if I need to pay more). I think I was told if the meal is less than the amount of the voucher, I will lose the extra so I make sure to stay at or slightly over the voucher amount.

3. Vegas Dave

Vegas Dave Newbie

Never used them before, stayed there once, but that sounds like the worst comp program in Vegas when it comes to using them.

4. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They cut me off from decent offers a while back, but used to be you had to talk to the desk/your host to get anything. Don't be surprised if they tell you "We're sorry, sir/madam, but you're comp negative."

5. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last two times we were at Palazzo we were only there as day visitors, and not staying there - so every meal comp we got we either got a voucher given to us to use by my host [although I never had to go to the desk, the host always brought the voucher to me after I requested a meal somewhere] - or the host actually dined with us and I never saw a bill at all.

Our upcoming trip is going to be there [first stay] - although I hadn't discussed the intricate details with my host - it's supposed to be full RFB - so I've just assumed I would do what I've always done everywhere else, which is to just charge everything to the suite and have it taken off the bill by my host - at least I hope that is how it will work - if instead of just charging things to the suite I have to get a voucher for each meal, then I think this will wind up being both our first and last stay at the Palazzo, because that indeed sounds like an inconvenient pain in the ass!

6. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't use your card to comp yourself like Total Rewards or Express Comps. You'll be encouraged to charge to your room and then have the charges removed later if you're staying on property. I've heard the hosts there are very greasable. ;)

7. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I'm a day visitor to Palazzo and Venetian and I go through my host for a comp he calls it into the restaurant. I've never been given a voucher, but perhaps that's because I have him make the restaurant reservation for me. If I'm staying at Palazzo or Venetian, I charge everything to my room and all is comped off by the host, no vouchers needed again. However for some strange reason the only thing the hosts can't comp off is internet usage so if you want that comped off you need to ask your host to tell them to add the resort fee to your room which includes the Internet usage and that they can comp off at the end of the trip.

As far as using the points, I usually turn it into free play since my host comps everything else but I've seen other's fill out the paperwork before for their comps which as others have said means a trip to the player's club. While I suppose it's a pain to stand in line for that vs just giving your M-Life card and ID to a M-Life restaurant to use your comps, I've had the problem of the M-Life computers being down before where I couldn't use the express comps due to that and also recently HOB Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay claimed not to know how to process the M-Life express comps because guests had always charged to their room and had them taken off that way, LOL!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  8. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive had my best offers from Club Grazie. The only time I played was at the Venetian back in July 2011. Played $25-$100 hand BJ over a course of 3 hours and probably ended $1000 up. I starting getting offers Jan 2012 for 3 nights comped at V/P. Then it expired May 2012 and didn't hear anything. Then the last week of August I get an offer for 3 nights comp'd and $45 match play, plus a free cooler bag.

In the mean time M-Life still sends me "discount rooms" at Aria ($99nt + $25 resort fee). After playing the same limits over the same course of time at blackjack in Aria and losing $2000.

So Sheldon is my friend at the moment even if he does trash talk Ron Paul. :eek:

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Compared to CET and MGM... Grazie offers suck. For me anyways.

10. NOTwheelingisland

NOTwheelingisland Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always been exclusively an MLife player. I would avoid gambling any significant amounts or time at V/P and Wynn when we'd go there to dine. But I had to book 11 rooms for a conference in a couple of weeks and Venetian had the best deals. Since I'm hosting a breakfast and generally in charge I figured I should stay there too. So I'm interested to see about Grazie.
    I was hoping, since I'm putting everyones' rooms for 3 nights on my cc plus a breakfast in a hosp suite, that I could get some extra love but according to someone in reservations I can't do this. Anyway, interested to see what happens with future offers, etc.
    As an aside after the conference my wife and I are heading to Vancouver for a few days. We'll come back to LV on Friday before heading home on Sat and I have a comped suite booked through MLife at MB with free play. So I still think MGM will be my first choice going forward but I assume my gambling during the conference will be at V/P and I'm curious if it will be as bad as some have suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.