1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Clarification on Redeeming FreePlay reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by luck.ofthe.draw, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello guys,

I read the pinned thread regarding the new FreePlay regulations, seems like people have been having mixed results. I've never bought FreePlay on MyVegas before, and was under the impression that you needed to meet the room requirement before using any reward at all - not just after the initial reward.

I contacted customer service, because I have a multi-night stay coming up. The first 2 days I will be there staying at another (non MLife) property. Sun and Monday I am using my free 2 nights at Aria, which was redeemed and booked MONTHS in advance.

Fast forward to yesterday where I bought a $100 FreePlay reward for Aria. I was curious about the room nights required to redeem, and, since it can't "be combined with any other offer" - what does that entail? I was told by customer service that if I am only redeeming one reward, there is only a "1 night minimum" to use it (see below). However, the "This reward may not be combined with any other Mlife Rewards offer" has me skeptical....

Can I go to Aria the day before my stay, when I'm at a non-MLife property, and redeem my $100FP - then the next afternoon, check in to Aria as normal? Just trying to find the loophole. :p

The other MyVegas rewards I have (Wolfgang Puck dining credit, 2-for-1 at Fleur) are going to be redeemed the day before my Aria stay as well, I'm not looking to "combine" any thing.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Annual Trip with Boyfriend & Family - Vision Expo 2019!
    Possibly Some 4th of July fun! Pre-gaming for my birthday!
  2. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That no stay required for one freeplay reward would be big news. Can you post a screenshot of that?

Pool party time
  3. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eep! I misread... you have to stay at least 1 night to redeem any FreePlay offers; however, for the big one that I got [$100], a 3-night stay is not required unless I were trying to combine more than 1 FreePlay offer.

I will correct my original post:

upload_2017-5-18_9-51-15.png

4. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotcha. MyVegas and mLife sometimes see things differently, too. Enjoy your trip though! Aria is great!

Pool party time
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Patman

Patman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are going to get caught by the second page of the reward where the Terms and Conditions are. In there it talks about that you must have 3 nights if you book more than one freeplay, but it also states "At the time of redemption you must be an ARIA hotel guest to be eligible to receipt this FREEPLAY reward (two nights minimum stay required)". That's for the $25 Freeplay and the $50 says three nights and I assume the $100 also says that also (I don't have the $100). I always understood it to be that you needed 2 nights for the $25 and 3 nights for the $50 but you could combine the nights (ie you didn't need 5 nights to claim both).

You only have 2 nights so they may only let you get the $25.

thought i would stay here one time before it is torn down
    2 hotels I've never stayed at this trip
  6. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Patman, that's why I e-mailed in and asked about the $100 reward, because I only had the 2 nights. He said as long as I had 1 night it was fine, but we'll see what happens once I get there.

Thanks VegasSchemer! I've never stayed at Aria, really looking forward to it! Plus it's right next to the Cosmo, which I adore (can't wait to eat!)!

7. Patman

Patman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, he also said to check the terms and conditions of the particular reward. Keep us posted and let us know how it turns out but this is the first time I have heard about the one night requirement. You might want to grab the $25 one or another reward just in case they don't give you the $100. And then refund whatever you can't use.

thought i would stay here one time before it is torn down
    2 hotels I've never stayed at this trip
    • Like Like x 1
  8. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what ended up happening here?

Can anyone else confirm you can use any one freeplay reward with a one night stay?

Pool party time
  9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was under the impression that you can't combine free nights via MyVegas (or MLife) with MyVegas Freeplay rewards. You have to be paying for the room.

But it really just depends on the person at the MLife desk. Some people get lucky, some don't.

10. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is true for some of the mLife properties. I was more referring to the claim I've heard that you can buy a freeplay reward (like the $50 one) and use it with just a one night stay. Thanks for sharing, though, as my question wasn't super clear.

Pool party time
  11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they used to require multiple nights just to redeem the $50 FP rewards. Reading the terms now, it looks like only one night is required.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ended up using the $50 reward - and later on my last trip in Sept, used a $50 FP reward at the Mirage for nights that weren't booked in my name (my bf added me to the reservation using my license),that was rad.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.