1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chrysler Jeep Gladiator, Any one has it? or What do you think?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Drewm1972, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey vmb .....
    So, I been thinking lease or purchase new Jeep Gladiator I been thinking about it since last year - when it first introduced.... I was actually thinking about buying a Dodge/GM truck but when this came out I was very impressed ... but after reading some reviews I noticed either people hate it or love it! matter fact, I think there maybe more "haters". people say its not jeep nor its not a pick up! well , since I never actually owning a truck perhaps I don't know...

anyhow, im just wondering if anyone has experience with Jeep Gladiator? or do you own a jeep? if you do... do you like the design or? do you own a truck? would you drive it instead of your truck?

;et me know what you guys think? im going thru middle life crisis:)D:eek:o_O:beer:) and this potential "mistake" :)nono:) could be expensive ... please share your opinion with me. thanks :headbang:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. ken2v

ken2v 200,000 and counting

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    A flat bed attached to a Wrangler: Endless opportunities. Still the best available off-road system on the market. Do you need that? Jeep fans are as loyal as they come. Others can't steer away quickly enough. Reliability is still the big bugaboo, generally, with FCA products. Lease it and see what you think.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had two Jeep Grand Cherokees since 2012. I love them! I doubt I will ever switch to another make and model. Go anywhere with great styling and more electronic doodads than I know what to play with next.

Jeeps are well built. They do not rattle. They are reliable. They can go anywhere in any condition.

You can't go wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the Grand Cherokee is one of the FCA products that consistently gets good ratings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a few friends with Jeep Wranglers. Tons of fun when going offroading, but as a daily driver, it's too uncomfortable and slow for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ken2v told ya, I’m going thru middle life crisis ... fuck it yeah sure why not I need it one lol

all kidding to the side, I would like to have a truck; just for home, so much suv can handle. I can get more shit done w truck so I was thinking about it. Then gladiator came out! So I’m very intrigued :)

7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Breeze147 yeah I had plenty of Chrysler products in my life from mini van, 300, Cherokee etc and they were all ok reliability wasn’t the greatest but again it was ok. I never really hold on to the cars more then 3 years max (had Lexus 460 for like 7 years) otherwise most got rid of it (I get tired of them, maybe I have adhd lol)

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn @JoJoR you HAD TO GO THERE!! lol I was hoping someone say “oh I have it and drive it everyday and it’s great” lol ... yeah I was afraid to see review someone making comments about “not comfortable” lol but thanks for sharing .. I did hear a lot of people saying it’s not comfortable that’s for sure you feel every bump on the road.

9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a '99 Dodge Dakota 4x4 pickup for 13 years. It nickle and dimed me to death, but I refused to trade it in. It was Air Force blue and I loved it. Even the Service Manager told me several times that this truck was costing me more than getting a new one. Finally, I gave in. I told myself that as a retirement present to myself, I would get the Jeep. That was 2012. I got another new one in 2019.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I did forget to mention that this would be my 2nd car, I do have daily car (infinity Q70L) it’s large luxury car drives so smooth :) so I’m ok for daily driving I just wanted to buy a truck (but reality I’m probably arguing myself saying “gladiator” is a GREAT TRUCK just get it lol.

but then again shit ain’t cheap either so I’m cautious about it lol

11. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hah! My most recent experience was with a rental in Hawaii and I'm like damn, how do people drive these all the time? But as a second car, why not? I'd probably buy a beater if I lived in a more consistently warm climate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, was it really that bad? you talking about Jeep Wrangler right? thanks again for your thoughts... :)

13. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't too cushy. Things could have changed since then. My neighbor actually got a Gladiator fairly recently. Black and I think he might have lifted it. Looks pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thanks @JoJoR, I live in Michigan so yes weather is not the greatest like 10 months out of 12 lol (it’s ok) anyhow, oooo yeah lifted too? That must look nice but lol I’m gonna be 52 years old this year so no lift for me I will just drive as manufacturers stock around.

15. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks pretty beasty!

16. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you hear about the happy Roman?

• Like Like x 1
  17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW

[​IMG]
    Jerry Reynolds | July 16, 2019
    We started hearing about a Jeep Wrangler pickup in 2005. It has taken 15 years to arrive, but today we look at the much-anticipated 2020 Jeep Gladiator
    https://www.carprousa.com/2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Overland-Review/review/337087

The Nugget!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an early '90s Jeep version of that POS.

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol They are novel in Hawaii. Great for driving around the red mud of Lanai but other than that ... yep.

20. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahah yes! Picking it up at valet was like "Is that our white 4-door wrangler? Nope. Is that? Nope."