1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cheap Shoe Outlet help

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by bnlphan, Aug 30, 2019.

1. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay folks if anyone can help me out. On our last trip we saw a shoe outlet. Believe they had some sort of special like $100 for 10 pairs of shoes. I know I remember thinking some skechers would be nice so it may actually be a skechers outlet but not sure. I want to say its on Flamingo. We were discussing buying them and shipping them back home but didnt. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    Thank you.

2. win4me

win4me It's the year of the piggy, dontcha know!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google is your friend :poke::D

I found a Skechers Factory Outlet on E. Flamingo, but there are several others in Vegas.

Address: 1495 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas

Maybe this was it?

3. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am almost certain that's the one.

4. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys. I did a google search and got a bunch of spam. Did talk to Sis in law and she was pretty sure it was a skecher outlet as well. My nephew is going next month and his wife wants to check it out.

5. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of Canadian friends hit Ross each trip as they have cheap women's shoes (sizes limited) that are sometimes name brand.

6. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. wesraft

wesraft Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to the Skechers outlet, there is a Cowboy boot place nearby (Cowtown Boots) at 1080 Flamingo and a workplace footwear shop also close. It's called Shoes for Crews at 3977 S. Maryland Parkway, a block or two from Skechers. Have your relatives go footwear crazy!

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, Skechers has a store in the South Premium outlet mall. I doubt they have any 10 shoes for $100 special though.

9. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zappos is based in Vegas and at one point had an outlet store. Not sure if still around?

10. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We go to the Sketchers outlet on E Flamingo every trip. Unlike other Sketchers store that always have BOGO 1/2 off they also have clearance racks. We've bought Sketchers there for $15 but, obviously, selections are limited. Great buy if you can find something.
    We also frequent the Dillard's outlet store in Meadows Mall. Very hit-or-miss but worth a look.

11. wesraft

wesraft Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welp, went to the skechers and was extremely disappointed with the prices. Nothing of note, even on clearance. They had a huge selection, but absolutely no deals worth speaking of. Walked every aisle and came back empty-handed.

12. Emerson

Emerson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my experience in August.

Unlike Ross or Marshalls for good deals.

Why do I do this to myself.
  13. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Which Sketchers outlet did you go to?

14. wesraft

wesraft Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The East Flamingo one, near UNLV

15. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. "Outlets" aren't what they were 30 or so years ago when they really started to pop up as dumping grounds for seconds and expiring lines/models, and it is these discounters that most often have the deals. If you are brand neutral and not really concerned about fit or at least look at times, you can save some money. If selection is more important, go with the outlets ... or better yet, shop online.

16. callahanha

callahanha Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip, i visited Big 5 sporting goods on S. Decatur. and they had some great deals on sneakers. I bought a pair of Sketcher slip on sneakers for $15. They also had a great assortment. I bought the Sunday version of the LV newspaper and it had a flyer with coupons in it showing a lot of great deals.

17. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to hit the first outlet shopping center in Reading, PA, it was set up by Vanity Fair, makers of Lee and Wrangler jeans, Jansport backpacks. Also went to the original Burlington Coat Factory store in Burlington, NJ, it was a real dump, but they had cheap winter coats back in the early 1970's. The place was packed on weekends.

Like anything else, if you know your prices you can get a deal. But the other week my wife shamed me into buying 2 t-shirts and a pair of dri-fit shorts at the Nike outlet in AC, spent about $95. I almost cried when I opened my credit card statement, but now I know why Nike is a component of the Dow Jones Index. The store was packed and there was a constant line at the checkout. Just do it.

If I were coming in from across the pond an wanted to do some serious retail therapy, I would first stop at Marshalls, TJ Maxx (same company) and Ross. Hit and run. Then maybe visit an outlet center. For women's apparel, Talbots, Ann Taylor, J Crew; my wife is a fan. A really big fan, I notice here devotion monthly on our bank statement.

Zapato is Spanish for Shoe, how about that, Zappos!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019 at 9:00 AM
  18. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the 80s, mom and I would drive to Reading (from CT) to do my back-to-school shopping :)

• Wow! Wow! x 1