1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET reply to my my RIO complaint

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by jamesxnj, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleFester

UncleFester Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A proper reply to their kind message to you, and its premise, is....."Sorry does not help me."

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a blessing to have low standards. I'm rarely disappointed.

TomTWI

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Minnesota3

Minnesota3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio was excellent 15 years ago, but gone downhill since, IMO. I avoid CET properties and stay exclusively at Boyd properties now, usually the Orleans or downtown. I have been very happy with my decision.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, with regard to making a complaint, everything in the OPs original post was IMO, valid. Also IMO, there's nothing wrong with letting the property know that you weren't happy and wouldn't be staying there again. Who knows, maybe someone with some smarts in their marketing department would say, "Hey, how about we comp this guy a couple of nights room", but only if the issues were fixable (which they weren't).

And BTW, if the mini-bar were empty, it just leaves more room for my stuff. Unfortunately, that's never the case at Caesars.

5. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you can put your own stuff in without triggering the sensor(s). The sensor doesn't know the difference between your Earl of Sandwich and a can of Heineken.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might actually call no mini-bar an upgraded room! :)

8. vinniemac274

vinniemac274 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mini bars are abandoned and non-functional; there is nothing to trigger.

9. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Expecting comped rooms? In the old days heck yes but that kind of here's a free dinner because you were unhappy or here's a few free nights because your stay was not good for you is jst a thing of the past. Old Vegas, not today's Vegas imo of course.

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember an expose on a news show several years ago about hotel room drinking glasses.
    If you google it you will never use one again.
    Many hidden camera investigations that will make you gag.
    Even Snopes has something on it.
    Just don't even pick them up.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure many of us remember the high school biology lab experiment where you swab off samples from various surfaces and culture them in petri dishes. Even so-called sanitary items would show evidence of all kinds of nasty stuff!

12. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever since one of the Rio's restaurants almost killed me and my girlfriend with food poisoning and the front desk quadruple charged me for a room, things have been great.

We've stayed at the Rio many many many times in the past 6 years. When I want Vegas on the cheap, I stay at Rio. They hook me up with rooms for cheap and I rarely play.

I recently got a rewards credit card through them. So next trip out I'll do a little shopping and play as well.

BTW, the food poisoning story is in here somewhere.

13. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After skimming through this thread, I have a somewhat off topic question on something that I saw a couple posts allude to....do CET properties have certain rooms set aside for diamond/7* players? Regular rooms but with better amenities?

14. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, they save the better rooms, larger rooms, suites ect...

I stayed at ballys last month and they gave us the celebrity suite, they will show it on the website and put a nightly rate on it but it will show sold out everyday because the host will reserve it for higher players, its not just for diamond and 7star, they look at your ADT

15. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the Rio now. No coffee maker. Called housekeeping to send one up and they said no more coffee makers. Go to Starbucks. Talked to our maid and she did coffee makers only for diamond players but she'd see what she could do. She couldn't help. No coffee maker for my wife.

The seafood buffet merged with the regular buffet. Same location. Didn't see anyone there all week. The old seafood buffet is the new KISS arcade now, I'm thinking.

There is a large Chinese restaurant across from the buffet. Very authentic menu.

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like something new is in this space every time we go there! Does not seem like any of them last very long despite their very good placement.

17. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We couldn't remember what was there last year.

They had geoduck on the menu. Never saw that on a menu before. Mrkt price, fyi.

18. MycroftHolmes

MycroftHolmes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned tonight from my first FC Diamond trip to Vegas and I have to say It really enhanced my trip :) My wife and I utilized the diamond lounges extensively.

First thing I wanted to let everyone know that I haven’t seen posted is that once you join, FC will offer a membership to a spouse for an additional one-time fee of 295. That means that assuming FC renews the diamond benefit, you get two $100 celebration dinners per year as long as you keep the primary account.

For those that live in or near NJ there is another benefit as well assuming Borgata still does a status match with Caesars. My wife and I both received a status match from the Borgata to their Black Label card. Since she had not been a Borgata member before, she received $100 in slot play and two free buffets for joining/upgrading. After MGM purchased the Borgata, I received a letter from MGM letting me know that since I’m a Black Label member at Borgata they would upgrade me to Gold at Vegas MGM properties as well. That gave me free valet parking at MGM properties in Vegas which I used a few times during my trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.