1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Early Check In

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Goingmachfive, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Goingmachfive

Goingmachfive Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t been to Vegas since before COVID. It sounds like most of the CET properties are moving to kiosk check-in’s only. I am a CET Diamond who will be staying at the Linq for a few comp nights and land at 10:30am. Any idea how CET is handling early check-ins with kiosks?
    Does the Linq have a desk for check-ins or the kiosk only?

2. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know on the CET app, they usually have an “upgrade” option on the reservation that offers early check in/out and how much it charges

3. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following for info. I land at 9:00am on Wednesday - Bally’s. I’m hoping there’s a chance at Diamond Check-In being open. Not sure if Linq has a Diamond Check-In?

4. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In June, diamond room was open at Bally’s

• Like Like x 1
  5. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t think you can do it at the kiosk. It will try to charge you and you’ll get a bad room. I’ve always been able to do it with a person whether it’s a separate Diamond line or room. Not sure about Linq but surely they must have a way for Diamonds to see a person.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my question is similar but I’m due to arrive at Bally’s around 3pm, so quite a bit closer to the normal check in time. Assuming I can get a person at the counter, do I have a decent chance of them waiving the early check in fee?

7. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yours should be no charge for sure at just an hour early. Being Diamond (used to mean something) I’m planning on mine be free at about a 10:00am check in.

8. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope so, I’m only platinum now since I went only once back in April. Not sure if that matters but I’m hopeful they waive the fee lol

9. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be fine…. Just flash that eastern charm and you’re Golden! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  10. snowball

snowball Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m here now and it was brutal. We were here at 11 am (in hindsight we should have stayed at Cosmo for our late check out).

kiosks are a hot mess and we did niot get into our room until 3:45.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Gary72

Gary72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using the Diamond desk at Caesars, we were given a room around noon both of our last trips. In fact, as a gold, got room at Luxor around 1130.

12. Honey2Nelly

Honey2Nelly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Paris last week and was sent an email allowing me to check in online. I selected 9:00 am as my arrival time and my room was ready by the time I got there. I had a problem with the kiosk and had to pick up my keys in the Diamond check in room. I was able to check in early (11 am) in June as well but I didn’t use the kiosk.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I am in the minority on this, but I readily pay the early check in fee (got there at 10:30 last trip) because I love getting settled in the room and getting some cocktails going while I unpack. I HATE checking my bag, wandering/slotting while waiting for the clock to tick so I can check in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always told, "Yes, we can check you in early. Your room is not ready yet. You can check your bags with the bellman and check back after 2:00." :confused::confused::blink:
    What's the point?

I'm diamond elite. I've never used a kiosk and am sure I can make myself a true pain in the ass to anyone assigned to helping us technologically illiterate old folk. I'd basically stand there and make them do it.

Hope it's not too cold!
    Farewell to CET
    • Like Like x 2
  15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do that all the time at Aria, but I also just drop my bags with the bell desk either way as soon as I get in, because the old AA flight from JFK landed at like 10am. They could always check me in, sometimes the room wasn't ready for a bit, but often I was surprised at how quickly they got it done. They'd give me my keys at the front desk, and then text when the room was ready.

16. vsop

vsop High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get email notification from CET regarding "checking in"...you have the option of selecting early check in...for a fee of course...

17. Maxbet

Maxbet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked in at Paris last week (Diamond room check in) at 1:00 pm/Monday and no early check in charge.

18. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, this one calls for more details!

19. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw a video of YouTubers Bill and Lisa recently where they were at Harrah's at 8am. They just bought the night before so they have a room when they got in the next morning.

Anyone know how they checked in remotely? Was it just online or can they just call and do it over the phone? They're not hight rollers. She got the corner strip view basic room midweek for $9+resort fees.

20. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I used to stay at Bally’s a couple years ago, the lady at checkin told me they will check people in at noon if they have a room ready, and not charge extra. Not sure how they are now since the whole El Dorado thing.
    Never have a problem checking in early at Cosmo, Bellagio, NoMad as early as 9:30-10.