1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond Elite $600 Airfare Questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mdude, Oct 25, 2021.

1. mdude

mdude Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after everything settles from my most recent Atlantic City trip, I should be sitting at around 72,500 TCs. I should have no problem getting another 2500 TCs by the end of the year. Of course, the only new benefit I get from that is the airfare credit but there appears to be very limited official information about it online.

I do not have a host and the 1-800-CAESARS representatives didn't seem to be able to answer my questions so hopefully someone here can help!

1) First question is how do I actually redeem the credit? From what I've been able to find through searching this forum, it sounds like I can just book any flight I want and then show a receipt to any Caesars Rewards desk in Las Vegas, and the way this is actually redeemed is $600 in free play. Is this still accurate? And there's nothing official I need to do before actually booking my trip?

2) Is it free slot play only?

3) Do I get physical vouchers or do they load it on my card?

4) Am I allowed to book my flight now, even though I am not Diamond Elite yet but anticipate that I will be by the time I fly?

5) Do I need to spend the full $600 on myself, or if I am with someone who has no CET status and our combined airfare is $600, does that count? (side question -- if my flight is less than $600, will I just get credit for the full cost of my flight?)

6) Do I have until January 31, 2022 to redeem this (for the 2021 benefit year)? And then I would be able to do the same thing one more time before January 31, 2023 (for the 2022 benefit year)?

Thanks for your help and insights!

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK, and IME,

1)Up to $600 in Free Play based on the amount of your airfare receipt
    2)Table play may be offered, but there are stipulation on what and how it may be used
    3)When I was 7*, it was vouchers (that may have changed by now)
    4)You can book your flight anytime, but you MUST be Diamond Elite before you can request airfare redemption.
    5)I believe that a companion counts
    6)Yes

Belated birthday trip!!
    Silver Strike tournament
  3. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1)Up to $600 in Free Play based on the amount of your airfare receipt
    2)Table play may be offered, but there are stipulation on what and how it may be used
    3) It was on my card this summer and I could put as much or little as I wanted on each slot
    4)You can book your flight anytime, but you MUST be Diamond Elite before you can request airfare redemption.
    5) As many people on the same receipt/ flight upto $600, you can even fly 1 person from LA and you come from ATL
    6)Yes

4. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a very easy process. You book on your own give them the receipt, they will make a copy of it and give you a receipt to take to the cashier to pickup your vouchers for free play. Also worth noting that fare type (first, etc) does not matter.

5. mdude

mdude Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the quick and comprehensive replies!

6. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also make sure your verify how soon the benefit is loaded after earning DE.
    I.e. If you earn the points you might not be able to redeem the day of. I don't recall if there's a delay on that...

7. TXactuarial

TXactuarial High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I get Diamond Elite this year, can I use this benefit once this year and once next year?

8. MohrPfun

MohrPfun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. It works the same as the Annual Retreat for 7*.

Opium, Maroon5, assorted shenanigans...
  9. TXactuarial

TXactuarial High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does the progression from Diamond Elite to Seven Stars work with the airline credit? Can I use the $600 while I'm Diamond Elite and then get another $1,200 once I hit seven stars?

10. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Seven Stars, I earn both each year and can use flight benefits in any order after earning

11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not so sure about that. I think it might be like the "you don't get an additional Diamond $100 dinner as a 7* upon renewing 7*".

@FABismonte , "you're a 7*, so I would defer to your experience"

Belated birthday trip!!
    Silver Strike tournament
  12. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hah! As if you @DaiLun weren't a Seven Stars until recently.

I agree that the once one becomes a Seven Stars one cannot get the standard $100 Diamond Dinner in addition to the $500 (dividable by five) in Seven Stars Celebration Dinner allowances. So I understand your point. But even though I was able to get both the $600 Diamond Plus flight as well as $1,200 Seven Stars Retreat flight allowance, does not mean that it will necessarily continue. El Dorado plays by its own rules going forward.

BTW, have fun at Atlantic City my friend.

FAB

13. MohrPfun

MohrPfun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upon renewing, you're right about the dinner, but if starting from scratch you get the $100 and if you get to 7*, you get the $500.

The flight benefits operate differently and are both published benefits at 7*. I used (2) of the $600s this year (2020 and 2021) along with my $1200 for 7*. I've requaled for renewal for 22, so will have 1 of each of those for next year.

Opium, Maroon5, assorted shenanigans...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Trutt

Trutt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I qualify midtrip for Diamond Elite could I get the $600 airfare credit? I have an upcoming trip of four days and will most likely be diamond elite after 2 days. Could I send my flight info to host for the trip after I make diamond elite and get reimbursed?

15. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably not. The reimbursement is in free play vouchers unless you book through the host ahead of time.

16. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $600 is for Las Vegas only.
    If you attain 7* you do not get an additional $100 for dinner.
    I believe in Vegas if you’re play slots/VP the $1200 is put in your bank and you down load them while playing.
    I’m not sure you need to take them in order, but I believe they must be two separate trips. The 7* trip can be used any of Caesars properties. I don’t think you can use them in the Bahamas or Dubai.