1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond celebration dinner

Discussion in 'Comps' started by David Mach, Dec 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Mach

David Mach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

Spouse and I are a planning to linked our card together at mlife resorts and then hopefully we status match at CET and then use both our Diamond celebration dinners, a combined total of $200.
    My questions are, does Mlife still allow linking cards to get spouse to my status platinum?
    If we status match his to Diamond at CET. Can he use his Diamond celebration right away? Or does he have to wait?
    He’s not a gambler and doesn’t go to Vegas much at all. So was thinking this would be the only opportunity to do all this and get his $100 celebration dinner.

I booked a Vegas trip from 12/30/20 - 01/03/21.
    I am Diamond status and have confirmed with host that I have one Diamond celebration dinner.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they allow him to match to Diamond (I have not idea how a linked account would work for this), they won't add the $100 dinner for a week or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Note that I think there is a missing word in this. I believe the word "until" is missing, as in "valid until January 31, 2021."

upload_2020-12-14_6-43-10.png

In other words, if you do a match in December 2020, the status will basically only last a month. That's how I remember previous discussions of matches, but it's a little fuzzy. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny this.

So if it takes time to get his status updated, you may be out of luck as far as him getting a Diamond Dinner he'll be able to use.

They may do the match program again next year, but note what the starting date was this year - Feb 1. So they may not do matches at all during January.

You may be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Match on Dec 30 or 31 and it's only good for a month and probably won't get processed while you're there. Wait until Jan 1 and they may not be doing them at all (or I suppose an outside chance that they will do it and it would then be good until Jan 31, 2022).

https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/promotions/diamond-tier-upgrade

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Chuck2009x that is for sure how it worked before, you only got the year during which you matched and not the next year also like youd get if you had earned it. Also, the current match at CET us for new CR members only last I checked, so this wont even be possible unless spouse has never had a CR membership.

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Mach

David Mach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You made a good point there. I had no idea it was for new CR members only. In the past I believe they included existing members too. I don’t think my spouse has a CR membership. But given what others said, he won’t get to use the Diamond dinner as it may take some time to kick in and won’t be processed by the time we leave Vegas.

6. David Mach

David Mach Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck. We will not make our way over to one of the CET resorts then. We will be staying at Mandalay for this trip.

7. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they definitely did, but had no match for a bit this year, and when it did come back, it had that line about "new members."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To OP, another backdoor way is if you or your spouse happened to have Wyndham Diamond. If you do, you can get instantly matched online from Wyndham Diamond to CR Diamond.

As others have mentioned, it make take a while for celebration dinner to kick in. Lots of data points on people getting there and realizing that their celebration hasn't kicked in or loaded in their account yet. If you are near a local CET property, can always match it there first to jump start the process and hope the dinner kicks in by the time you get to LV.

9. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, @Chuck2009x is correct, I recall them usually not doing status matches in January. Like previous matches, it's only good from February 1st, 2020 till December 31st, 2020.

To note, if you do match anytime in December 2020, you only have to get 1250 TCs to maintain diamond for the following year.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.