1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Cancellation Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Simmonds87, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simmonds87

Simmonds87 Tourist

This is the first time i have used my TR Login to book direct with CET.

I have a room booked for later in the year, they have taken a $51 deposit for the room. I have since searched again for the same dates, and I've been offered a very good rate for a better room at Caesars. (10% of the official price on the site).

Friends have previously booked,and then cancelled/changed but never charged a deposit?

Reading the terms and conditions it says that ''CANCELLATION POLICY A 72-hour cancellation notice is required prior to your arrival date to receive a refund of your deposit except non-refundable, non-transferable reservations as noted in the package disclaimer. If you cancel within 72-hours, including reservations made within 3 days of your arrival, you will be charged the 1st night's room rate and tax. For Total Rewards customers, this amount will be deducted from your Total Rewards account. Declined or invalid credit card numbers may result in cancellation of booking without prior notice. Personal checks will be accepted for pre-payment of reservation balance only if received at least 30 days prior to arrival date. Checks will not be accepted if received less than 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellations within 3 days of arrival are subject to the forfeit of one nights’ deposit.''

I cannot see anywhere in the reservation any mention of what kind of rate I am booked on (i.e refundable, non transferable, etc).
    Is there anyway to figure this out? I want to cancel my standard room in the Linq for the better room in Caesar's for a total difference of $30!

I am in the UK so I thought i'd ask before a expensive call to the US.

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked online at total rewards and you are greater then 72 hours, they will refund your deposit.

3. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Email CET reservations, they will be able to look at the booking code on the room and make the switch. Make sure you include a screen shot of the better rate on same dates and the promotion code
    you were searching (unless this was a Total Rewards rate). I had relatives do the same thing for a trip where we were staying at one hotel and they had booked another. They were able to move hotels
    for a better rate.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked through the calendar your rate is refundable.

Since you are planning to rebook though, I would simply call in to reservations and have them do the cancellation/switch for you. They can confirm rates for you, and any difference in the deposit for the new booking.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Often, the email will include the cancel terms. Also, as said above, the online booking DIRECT with CET has always been refundable in my experience.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked online and it wasn't an offer with any throw-ins like freeplay or resort credit, or that had an expiration date, you can probably cancel it online.

Log into totalrewards.com and when the My TR page comes up. look on the left side for the link to Reservations. Click on it. If you see your reservation, click View. The next screen will show your reservation, and then a set of radio buttons with options. If the Cancel button is enabled, you can cancel it. It'll take a few days for your deposit to be refunded to however you paid it.

TR Reservations Link Screenshot.jpg

Wait 5 or 10 mins and you can rebook a new reservation, if the new offer you're referring to is from CET itself. If the new offer is from a 3rd party, obviously you can book it before you even cancel the original.

I'm sure there may have been some, but I've never seen a CET offer or reservation where the deposit wasn't refundable.

7. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've called and had them give me the better rate if I saw one after my initial booking. No big deal at all.

8. Simmonds87

Simmonds87 Tourist

Perfect thanks! All sorted!!

It's just a standard rate via my TR account, however we have NEVER received any offers from TR via email or the online account.
    I've tried to speak to the TR counters while in Vegas, but nobody seems to be able to give us an answer why.

Decided to go for Planet Hollywood instead (it's more our style). 5 nights over March maddness all comp, 0$.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great, have fun!

Also, fyi (although I am sure you know) unless you are Diamond or above, you will still have to pay the resort fee on a comp (but there is no deposit).

As to a lack of offers, if you play mainly table games it is not particularly surprising. But who needs them when you have comps in the calendar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.