1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CDS Love or Boyz II Men?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by romeocasido, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I promised myself I wouldn't be the type to post the multiple options question but....

Gun to your head...

CdS Love?
    Boyz II Men?
    Take your chance with the gun?

This is for my Labor Day trip. I noticed Bruno Mars is on town on Labor Day... Prices starting @ $500... I better get going on that MyVegas app!

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did you grow up listening to Boyz II Men?
    i did
    i'm not a big concert person but i really really enjoyed the Boyz II Men concert
    because i knew 99% of the songs and could still sing along (not well) to most even though I may not have heard the songs for yearssss
    the venue is small so there is no bad seat
    prices are cheap
    Boyz II Men is great live
    would watch again

i didn't grow up listening to the Beatles
    i only recognize a couple of songs
    so I haven't gotten around to watching Love yet... although I plan to so that I can finish watching all the Cirque shows at Vegas
    I'm almost there

• Like Like x 2
  3. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. Born in the 80's. Grew up listening to the 90's R&B boy band craze. Shai, AZ Yet, New Edition, H-Town

Only problem is... Do they still got it? Or is this just a money grab from older broke artists to capitalize on nostalgia. I've seen it before (still cool to watch though) Nostalgia alone can be worth it.

And how entertaining is it to watch? I remember watching Mariah at CP, which was awesome... But I remember thinking "If I didn't grow up listening to her would I still think it was a good show?" Problem with talented vocalists is they usually just stand there and sing. They don't have the luxury of lip singing and just focus on dancing and entertaining like Britney or JLO. At least with CdS it will be visually stimulating

So I'm torn

4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyz II men is AWESOME in concert. I haven't seen them in Vegas, but I saw them two years ago on tour w/NKOTB & 98 Degrees (clearly I'm old). They can still put on a tightly rehearsed live show.

5. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they definitely still got it

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just look them up on you tube they are currently on tour this summer with Paula Abdul and Nkotb,

7. Dentastic

Dentastic Stripburger!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for Boyz ll men. Easily.

8. Vega$nut

Vega$nut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Boyz II Men last August at the Mirage and they were amazing. You won't regret it.

9. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did both the same night if you can swing it.

Boyz II Men finished at 9:10 and LOVE started at 9:30 - easy 5 minute walk between the theatres.

• Like Like x 2
  10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow ...
    that's one way to jam pack a night

11. stormins

stormins Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both of these shows and loved both of them. Boyz II Men really took advantage of the small theatre and was extremely engaged with the audience. (They spotted someone near the stage trying to take a picture and came down and took a selfie.)

LOVE is a great show but doesn't have as many of the crazy Cirque stunts as their other shows. It focuses more on the music and staging a wild visual show. I personally think this works really well (have seen it 3 times), but there are some who don't think it doesn't have enough "wow" stunt factor. Also, it is important to be a fan of the Beatles' music. (Seems obvious, but I had a friend who told me he wasn't impressed with it, then mentioned he doesn't really like the Beatles.)

While you can definitely do both shows in the same night (which I did) I wish I would have spread it out as Boyz II Men were greeting people after the show in the lobby but I had to run to my LOVE showing. (Note: this was a few years ago, not sure they still do that.)

46th Birthday Trip! (Turning 46, not the 46th trip I've taken.)
  12. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both. I grew up after the Beatles but well before Boyz II Men. I never considered myself a Beatles fan, but I have now seen Love 5 times and will be going back later this year. You'll be surprised how many of the songs are familiar to you as they're pretty much in the soundtrack of every movie set in the 60s. While I love Boyz II Men's music, I enjoy Love much more.

13. kevgret

kevgret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyz II men was so much fun... small theater and they really know how to work the crowd.. one of my favorite memories of vegas

14. MartyR

MartyR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go with the concert!

15. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm one of the few that doesn't care for LOVE. In fact, it's probably my (and my wife's) least favorite show.

I'd go with Boyz II Men for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.