1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cash and airport security?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by teddybo, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe this thread has run its course.

2. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL with respect at Joe for the pokey guy... :Þ

3. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya but something tells me if everyone had this attitude all this crap would of blown over and it would just be another day in the airport.

with all these scanners and what not I dont see the point in taking off all my clothes. I think its bs and a waste of time. never had a problem yet but if some dude wants to play mr. power and prove a point then feel free to feel me up because I could care less as long as I make my flight.

4. mysexyheels

mysexyheels MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    airport tsa security

last summer im going through the security i had 6000 dollars i won inside my bra cup. the agent seeing a bulge in my bra asked me to show him what it was. so infront of several people i had to remove it and show it to him. paper money is non metal and no threat to anyone. then he and several others are asking me why i carry it that way. i told him that its any of anyones business its just something i do along with how many other millions of women. wasnt it nice of him to let me keep it. i dont like t.s.a and i never will.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree this thread has run its course.

6. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cash at the airport

Hi. Should I be concerned with carrying 6-7k through the screening process? I was planning on keeping it in my pockets of shorts, not hidden or anything. I was also planning on going through the standard metal detector. Is a pat-down mandatory once you chose the metal detector? If I do get one, and simply say "I am going to Las Vegas to play poker" and show them my boarding pass, should that suffice them in terms of questioning me and the amount of cash I am carrying?

Thank you.

7. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    should be no problem, no one is going to open your wallet and count it anyway you know.

8. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

Don't count on that. In February on the way home from Vegas I got pulled for the random full body scan. I had around 4k on me at the time, and the TSA agent did indeed open and look inside my wallet. She immediately went into dead serious mode. As my testicles sucked up inside my body, she said "Sir, don't you know that it is illegal to leave Las Vegas with money?" She then grinned and went all bubbly, seemingly unaware of the heart attack she had precipitated in me.

So, unless you get a frisky TSA agent, what might elsewhere be considered large amounts of cash won't raise an eyebrow.

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6-7k in hundreds is pretty thin. Just keep it in your pocket. It's your money and there's nothing against carrying it with you anywhere.

10. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

You don't have to explain anything. There is no law or limit to the amount of cash you can carry or fly with domestically. It is only international flights where you have to claim any amount over $10K.

I keep it in my pocket. It won't set anything off. If you wind up in a full scanner, keep in pocket anyway. The guy on the other end will tell the holder (person you're waiting to clear you) that there's something in your pocket and just say "It's cash" and they may ask you to show it, do so, and move on.

11. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, what in the bleeping hell? I really hope you got her name and spoke to a head supervisor and/or filed a complaint.

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really sure what her crime was. I've had TSA agents in vegas especially joke with me. They are people too you know.

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More advise

Be sure to not wear your watch or jewelry that will set off the alarm. No eye glasses either. No glitter on your shirt.

Also when you walk through the security screening make sure your arms
    are close to your body because sometimes the alarm goes off if you are too close to the sides.

14. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I wanna party with this guy!:beer:

15. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I missed the sarcasm in your post(s). If that's how you intended it to be. So did she really look through your wallet?

16. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't post that story.

17. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pardon me, as I can't edit my posts for whatever reason. I did not notice you were not the same guy who posted that reply about the woman saying that to him regarding cash. If it's true, he also did not post if she said it in a joking manor, or if his entire reply was being sarcastic.

18. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

She didn't put her hands inside the wallet or take anything out, but yes, she did indeed open it and look inside. That is the only time so far that I have done the full body thing, so I have no idea if this is normal or not. The statement was made VERY seriously, but she then grinned and made it clear that she was joking.

After I could breathe again (she really scared me, not used to TSA having a sense of humor) it was funny...

19. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He said she grinned and went all bubbly after saying it.

20. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I have a friend who's TSA at LAS and showed him this thread, his reply:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.