1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

carpet installer recommendations

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by caltrinity, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caltrinity

caltrinity Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need a company to take out old carpet and install new carpet and padding in home. Can anyone recommend a company based upon personal experience? Located in Las Vegas!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Knowing the city might help.:poke:

3. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call your local Chamber of Commerce or local Better Business Bureau; check online ratings for local businesses; email or text your local circle of friends or colleagues to see who they might have used locally; ask other local trades people you know.

I think the key is, umm, local knowledge.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many outlets you buy carpets from contract out to different companies. If you are picking up new carpets you should ask the store if they have a certain company they do business with to install the carpets.

If they don't have any recommendations then you could possibly go to another carpet outlet and ask them which companies they contract out to. I know many carpet companies in Hawaii include installation when you buy the carpet so they must contract the work out to some company.

and as ken mentioned, check on these companies to make sure they are reputable.

5. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makkiboy has it.....for instance if you buy from Home Depot they will sub out the install to what I suspect is the lowest bidder. Second to Ken also on checking.

Big box store carpet. We had very bad luck going this route the one time we did it. Our installers broke both mirrors on a bypass closet door stuffing the carpet under rather than removing the doors. What probably happened was door removal likely wasn't caught by the HD salesman when he came out to the house to measure, so it didn't go on the install work order. Or.....whatever, still busted.

Installers denied at first, but then said they "might have". There were bits of mirror on the carpet, they didn't even vacuum up the evidence ! Anyway.....though HD was still ultimately responsible they wouldn't do anything until the installers changed their invoice.......took forever and lived with the broken mirrors for a while during their bickering.

If I did it again I would go with a dedicated flooring store with an in house install team. I think it is pretty much the norm with those companies for only a very small difference in price.

Just my one experience, so not much of a sample.

:beer:

6. caltrinity

caltrinity Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I'm in Las Vegas

7. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do like that about our small town -- we have a HD, but we also still have craft and trades people. I call my electrician, he recommends a plumber. I call my masonry guy, he knows a glass gal, etc. And since we have 30 wineries in the 'hood, when all else fails we just go drink.

• Like Like x 1
  8. caltrinity

caltrinity Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noted! Thanks for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.