1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnival World Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Electroguy563, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnival Buffet is in the Rio. There is a shuttle that runs back n forth between Rio and Ballys.

Downtown is the Fremont St area of Vegas, not part of the strip.

2. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any thought here?

3. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a shuttle that runs from the strip to downtown? I've heard a lot of good things about Triple Gorge Grill. I think we may want to have dinner there.

4. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at Carnival (Rio), spice market (PHo), Largo (Caesars), Flavors (Harrah's) and the one in Paris. In my opinion Carnival was the best. The other five were fine, I think Caesars is closed now, but it was the most limited of the six I tried. Spice Market and the one in Paris was good, carnival just tops them with selection and quality. I haven't tried bellagio, wynn, or Cosmo to compare them. I am not a big buffet fan though so I wouldn't say any of them is a must do.

5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Don't think so.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whenever I go to buffets I always take note as to how the food is presented, the efficiencey of the operation, and the over-all service that they provide.

I appreciate when huge operations are run like clockwork, as I expect no less of myself when at work. No, I'm not a chef nor do I work in the food industry, it's just that when-ever a huge operation is conducted, I like to see how Mgt. attacks the logistics and the implementation of their business plan.

And I've learned that the Carnival World Buffet is one of if not the biggest buffet around. It intriques me to observe just how they manage to cope with the huge numbers of diners and the close to 300 dishes that they need to re-planish, keep hot, (or cold) and do this in an orderly fashion. The Food Network had a special on the Carnival World Buffet and after that show I made a point to see for myself just how an operation of this size is handled.

Of course I enjoy dining at buffets and altho I can't eat my money's worth like in my younger days, I like to try small portions of the many things a buffet has to offer.

Hope this doesn't seem too strange a reason as to why I want to try this buffet, but I do enjoy eating at buffets that offer lots of different options.:wave:

7. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the best seafood buffet? Is there seafood at the Carnival?

8. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio has a seafood buffet. Different from Carnival World. IMHO its HIGHLY overrated.I would either go to a high end buffy and pound the seafood or just do the their regular buffet.

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One plus for Carnival World is the dessert selection, very good (granted not great) quality.

10. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Exactly.

11. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are the high end seafood buffets?

12. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bellagio on the weekend has a lot of high quality seafood and meats of course. African Bluenose, Salmon prepared a few ways, smoked fish, shrimp cocktail and other preps. Crab legs, snow and alaskan. Sushi etc.

13. cymbals

cymbals Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunetely we will be at the canyon on the weekend. We love seafood so we'll find it one way or another.

14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who adhered to the subject on hand I appreciate all the input and opinions.

Looks like the Rio Carnival Buffet and I have a future date....

15. Cheeriomom

Cheeriomom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the Carnival buffet a few times back in March and loved it!! We had coupons but would certainly pay full price! :peace:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.