1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carbone, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jENBEAU, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jENBEAU

jENBEAU VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carbone generally has good reviews but I'd like some input from here. Here's why I hesitate: I don't want to dress up fancy at all, will I look weird in a t-shirt? I usually go at the earliest time possible so my slobbosity is not too conspicuous.

Any opinions, advice?

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure. The times I have been there, I don't recall any t-shirts, but I think that would be ok (as long as its nice)

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand that you want to be comfortable, but I personally would not be comfortable wearing a t-shirt to an upscale restaurant. I have some expensive, designer t-shirts and none of them would be appropriate for Carbone IMO. My view is this - would you wear a t-shirt to attend a wedding? If you are treating yourself to a great meal at a nice upscale restaurant I think a comfortable button down shirt would be more appropriate. It doesn't have to be one of those torture chamber dress shirts that strangles you at the neck (hate those) but any nice long sleeve shirt with an open collar. If the shirt is nice you can even get away with wearing some cool jeans and boots or shoes (I would definitely not do sneakers for Carbone) for a trendy look.

Vegas, Baby!
    Vegas, Baby!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Letsdoit

Letsdoit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Jenbeau,

I've been to Carbone 3x. It is a must for me when I go to Vegas. Food is amazing. You have to have the Ceasar Salad. Best I've ever had lol...

Regarding dress code. Same as everywhere else, you'll get people who are dressed really well and others who are in T-Shirts and running shoes. There is nothing wrong with wearing a nice T-Shirt with Jeans. It's the shorts and running shoes that may make you stand out.

Thanks

letsdoit

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vegas with the young ones
  5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice restaurants only stop you at the door for wearing shorts. Jeans, t-shirt and sneaks are perfectly acceptable if you're comfortable in them. This is Vegas and nobody working at the restaurant knows whether you were the guy just betting $10,000/hand on the blackjack table.

6. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip there I noticed a group that I considered under dressed at a table in the dining room. I don't exactly remember what they were wearing, maybe just t-shirts and jeans. One of the gentlemen definitely had a hat on. I say I noticed them, but in no way did it effect my dining experience so go in what you feel most comfortable. I will add that their bar has their full menu and might make you feel a little more comfortable in jeans and a T-shirt. , but the experience isn't quite the same. I've eaten at the bar twice and at a table in the dining room twice. The food is exceptional no matter where you sit, the experience is just a bit better in the dining room.

7. jENBEAU

jENBEAU VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice! I will give it a try! Will dig out my fanciest t-shirt! Expect to see the pics (of the food, not of the shirt) in my TR.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ripper

ripper Low-Roller

I have definitely been there in shorts, flops and a T. Didnt feel out of place at all. Most people were dressed up but i didnt feel out of place. Food and service was great. I was even wearing a hat!! haha

Little mans 21st birthday!
  9. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly recommend it. The comp bread is awesome and they also comp cheese. We had the meatballs LOVED them. Finally the bananas foster prepared table side is a Must

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have dinner at Carbone every trip.
    The rigatoni vodka is the best I've ever tasted.
    Already have my reservations for December!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF It's not a bender, it's a lifestyle.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked it. I was in "dressy" jeans and a dress shirt. I wouldn't disrespect a higher end resto, Vegas or anywhere, by wearing a T-shirt, but it's unlikely you'd be disallowed from eating there if you did.

I had the lobster ravioli and it was great. Good wine list, good service, fun atmosphere, not stuffy at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.