1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental from LAS

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MCOtoLAS, Nov 5, 2023.

1. MCOtoLAS

MCOtoLAS Vegas Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, good point, I'll have to make it a point to check all my reservations again tomorrow for cyber Monday. I don't think my airfare will come down again at this point but hotel and car certainly might!

I can't stand aggressive salespeople. I was recently in a Bealls Outlet and the guy was trying to talk me into getting their rewards but he had taken so much time with the people in front of me, and was the only person on register, I didn't want to take anymore time and just get out of there. Plus I shop there like, once a year so there's really no point. The guy hassled me about it so much I just left my purchase at the register and left. I can afford to do that with a dress I don't need, not so much a rental car on vacation :blink: I'd hate to start a (hopefully) relaxing vacation that way! Thanks for the warning :D

Two Nights at Aria - Two Nights at Palace Station
    Two Nights at Cosmo
  2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a prepaid $212/week rental (through AutoSlash) for a compact SUV through Thrifty, but yesterday I saw a full size at Ace for $125. I've rented through Ace before, and though I'd prefer one of the Big Three rental companies, I can't pass up getting a car for $7 plus taxes.

Besides, that $87 can get me one more hand at the craps table!

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @mjames1229
    I was curious about Ace, I can get a Corolla (or similar) for $98 right now. I guess I will reserve that and dump Advantage.
    I noticed that ACE is not 24 hrs. Do you know how late they run the shuttle? I would prefer to return the rental between 9-10pm, the last hour they are open.
    Edit: Well, that did not last long. It appears that ACE may now be Easirent, which has poor reviews, so I have cancelled that and now going with Nu for $126.
    https://blog.autoslash.com/is-easirent-car-rental-a-good-choice/
    Edit #2: Apparently Nu isn't any better.
    https://blog.autoslash.com/is-nu-car-rentals-a-good-choice/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  4. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hertz has always been a great pick for me with gold rewards! I don’t like going across the street for some of the lesser known companies. Not worth it. Plus at that point of the trip,we’ve been traveling for 6-7 hours and just jumping-into a car with no line is so nice. The closest to being VIP for this low roller. If you have AAA there are even more perks. Second place is Thrifty.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today's update. Autoslash has a prepaid Ford Focus (or similar) through Thrifty for $160 (prepaid, but can be cancelled up to 48 hrs of pick up). Costco rates have also dropped, but the autoslash/thrifty is the best deal, aside form the smaller companies that I prefer to avoid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MCOtoLAS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely. This fellow Floridian has a similar travel time between about an hour to the airport, plus waiting around the airport, then being hopeful to have no delays and finally getting there after essentially travelling all day. It stinks to even have to take a bus to get there at all but I would hate to have to take another one just to get to the rental counter. I'm looking forward to trips after this one when I should be able to skip the desk next time I rent with Avis :D

Two Nights at Cosmo
  7. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 Dice, Dice, and more Dice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just knocked off another $20 for my Budget reservation that starts next week. Seems they are having a hard time giving our rental cars during NFR. Hoping the prices drop a few more bucks, but I’m content.

• Love Love x 1
  8. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've done the AutoSlashy Cancelley dance two more times.... SUV for a week now down to $178 thru Thrifty. Now almost no chance we'll use the Ace reservation.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @mjames1229
    Good to read that your rates continue to drop. Mine have started to slowly move higher each of the last 3 days. Unless they reverse course, it looks like I will be driving a Ford Focus (or similar) for $160. Hopefully I will get the Focus as that is one of the cars that I currently own so there is no time needed to familiarize myself with the car. Of course there is the $58 Kia Rio offered by Ace RentaCar. :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MCOtoLAS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the bus to the rental center now, looks like unless I did rent with avis in the past and I don't remember, I don't actually have to go to the desk. The app tells me which spot to go to for my car. Am I correct in assuming the keys are just in the car already? Woo, time for Vegas!

Two Nights at Cosmo
  11. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes key fob is in the car

• Like Like x 1