1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental codes

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by makikiboy, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any new car rental codes? Advantage used to have DCCLICK to get 5% off but that will be expiring tomorrow.

Maybe the mods could make this a sticky so we can see the current discount codes for the different agencies.

2. motownbob

motownbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For budget , try bcd -W852803 , CC- MUWZ023 , they got me a Kia Forte for $188.00 for eight days . Bob

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the codes but MUWZ023 has expired, plus it requires a Saturday rental.

I tried the other code but it is still expensive, over $230 for a 5 day stay (April 10 - 14 - weekdays). I was able to get advantage for only $150 but I usually get a 5% off discount but that code expires today so looking for other 5% discount codes for Advantage.

4. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked Dollar for your days. Lock low and go was 88 bucks all in.

5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go look up rentalcarmomma or some other aggregator website

Return to Greatness
  6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, thanks for the info. When you add in all the fees it came out to $142. Still, it is the best price around for now and I can use either this one or the advantage reservation ($149) as my backup.

The price difference may be because I will have the car for almost 5 days. Hmmm, if I rent the car for 4 days I can pay $88, then return the car and book it for another day for $31 so I only pay $119 instead of $142. Not sure if I want to return the car like that just to save $23 though.

I just hope that I don't see that jerk of a clerk at 8 in the morning. I hate going through the guy.

7. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Airport Access Fee
    $5.55
    Cust Facility Chrg
    $16.00
    Rental Tax
    $6.64
    State Tax
    $4.51
    Vehicle License Fee
    $5.72
    Total Est. Mandatory Charges
    $38.42
    Approx. Total
    $88.18

Now, that was from noon on the 10th, til noon on the 14th. $88.18 all in.

Futz around with your time a little, and see what you can swing!

8. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know when your rental is but on someone's advice I used autoslash.com got 4/29 - 5/3 for $123 all In.

Just received an email from them today giving me a new all in price of $99. Didn't know that they were constantly watching the rates for me.
    From their email.......

Great news! We've slashed the price of your upcoming Alamo rental of a Intermediate Car in Las Vegas on 4/29/2017

New Price: $99.76 USD

Original Price: $122.91 USD

AUTOSLASH SAVINGS: $23.15 USD

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually I am renting the car on April 10 at 8 am and returning the car on April 14 at 11:30 pm so it is around 4 days, 16 hours.

I got the same amounts as you got if I booked it for only 4 days but for 5 days it went up drastically.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

how does autoslash work? Do you have to pay in advance or is this just a reservation code? I was afraid of using it since I didn't want to give any information on my reservation. I usually just give my first initial and last name and not much else other than email or phone number.

11. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just name and email address. Just tried it on a lark.
    No deposit or cc involved

12. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Autoslash for Apr 22-28.
    Got Thrifty for under $200 for midsize.
    It's now $146 all in.
    Hoping it will go down lower b4 then.

13. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The exact same dates as you, I found Alamo a few weeks ago for $142 all-in. Now Alamo's rates have about doubled for that week.

I still entered all of my info on Autoslash, just in case something new pops.

Super Bowl / Poker Trip Combo Platter
    Bowling the USBC National tournament, I hope.
  14. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Advantage 10% code DCRCM10A

15. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am down to $132 (pay later) for an economy car 4/12/17 9:00 am to 4/18/17 11:00 PM
    6 days 14 hours
    using Fox coupon
    SCAFOX2791
    Pay it now rate is $124 for this time period

16. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the advantage code. It saved me $10 off my 5 day rental.

I know that fox is cheaper but I still rather rent from an agency that is in the rental facility. with the airport shuttle I don't have to wait long to get to/from the airport.

17. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am glad it saved you some $
    Last trip, in December, I rented from Fox and when I got there, they were all out of Compact cars, so they gave me a brand new Mustang Convertible.
    It was a fun week.

18. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love auto slash. Definetly leverage that site and book through it if you can!

That said, a google search for "avis promo codes" or something like that will find you stuff. I've always used rentalcodes.com , but in the last few years codes (everywhere) have seemed to been on the decline.

19. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally booked the rate I will be using, $122.89 Pay now rate for 6 Days 14 Hours, Intermediate car. Best rates were 7 days out from rental and changed 3 times yesterday before the great rate happened

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm renting a car next week for 4 days, 16 hours (Monday through Friday night). Interesting, in the past week the prices dropped drastically, from $200 to 190..... I kept rebooking and finally on Tuesday I got the rental price down to $119 for my stay. But then suddenly yesterday the prices shot up drastically, back up to the $190's and higher so I guess there must have been an influx of people renting for next week(?).

Lately the Costco site hasn't been giving me good rates for rentals in vegas.

Also strange, you cannot cancel your reservation on the Advantage web site (nor can you amend your reservation) so you have to call it in. Because I kept rebooking I called their 800 number and had to cancel 7 bookings that I made. Hey, maybe that's why the prices went back up - because they thought that a lot of people were booking cars for that period. But then I checked this morning and the rates were still over $200 for the same period even after I cancelled all the other bookings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.