1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car rental codes?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't rented a car in Vegas in maybe 10 years because I like my adult beverages. Because I now have Companion status on SWA for 2017, we are going to be traveling about once a month to other locations.

Anybody have some valid car rental codes? When I did rent, it was usually Dollar or Thrifty. Need a code for our March Spring Training trip to Phoenix. $45 per day for an economy car just seems outrageous, but I haven't rented in a year or three.

Trips also in the planing stage for San Diego, Boston, Seattle and Portland Maine.

I do love retirement!!

2. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use Car Rental Savers, as they are a consolidator of codes and will apply the correct ones based on the timeframe.

Note that the do not use proprietary codes, like for Costco, or if paying by MasterCard or Visa.

Super Bowl / Poker Trip Combo Platter
    Bowling the USBC National tournament, I hope.
  3. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use AWD code S754600 with Avis. It's just a Kayak marketing code so it's not off limits.
    I've been doing Spring Training in Phoenix for the last 11 years. The car rental is always expensive, and car rental discounts are often blacked out at PHX in March. I like Avis because with their preferred program I can go straight to my car at PHX without having to wait in line at the counter.

When will you be in Phoenix for spring training? March 10-13 for me.

Hopefully the weather will be nice.
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March 17-21. We'll catch two Brewer games. One at Maryvale and the other at the Giants home field in Scottsdale. Two games in 5 days is plenty for me.

5. jimboguy

jimboguy My sloppy joe is all sloppy and no joe.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maryvale is the only Phoenix-area spring training facility I haven't visited.
    If you like National Parks/Monuments, I recommend Montezuma Castle. It's about a 90 minute drive from Phoenix.

Another rental car code: U112000 is the Budget friends & family discount code.

Hopefully the weather will be nice.
  6. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found rentalcars.com cheaper or the same as using codes. No deposit to book, and simple to rebook and cancel if the rate drops.

7. calcuttaman

calcuttaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been renting a car in Vegas for the past 7 years. Usually 12-15 days. Either in May or July.

The price is ALWAYS dependent on supply and demand. I've paid as little as $188 (14 days - May 2016) and the most I paid was $265.

I've never found a code that beat this game plan. I typically make 2-3 reservations with different rental company's. Unlike airlines you can make and cancel car rental reservations WITHOUT penalty.

About 2 weeks before I start rechecking the prices. Last May I first checked about 2 weeks before my arrival and the price had gone down from an initial $338 to $227. I called and they changed the price.
    About a week before I checked again and it had gone down to $188. Pretty good for 14 days! This was with Dollar and picking up at there Swenson St location and dropping off at the airport.

8. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

Of Brewer's baseball? Yeah, two games would be most people's limit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.