1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cancel a trip due to illness

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LVRaiders, Jul 4, 2021.

1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone had to cancel a Vegas trip because you or someone in your party was sick? I just had to reluctantly cancel my trip for this week, as I was fighting what I thought was a cold, only to find out I had the flu.

A bummer, however health is most important, and I have a trip 6 weeks from now already booked.

Last Minute Trip
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to cancel several years ago as my Dad took a turn the day I was to fly out (and ended up passing a few days later). Sorry you are ill, but I think it's hard to be sick and in a strange place. I applaud you for cancelling and not spreading whatever to others. Hope you are better soon!

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The obvious question, did you get tested for COVID?
    Sorry you had to cancel but it was the only right decision.

Christmas at Cosmo
  4. vsop

vsop High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just once... initially, there was a relunctance to cancel (non-refundable flight), but thinking through the situation, did I want to be away from home when I am not feeling well? (I convinced myself that I would be saving money by cancelling...I was going to LV :peace: ) ....Hoping for a speedy recovery for you and that it is not more complicated than the flu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep 2 weeks ago actually. Had some severe bloating and ab pain. Just thought I ate something that didn’t agree with me. After having to sleep on the floor and crawling to the bathroom I realized I should go get looked at. Ended up being my appendix. I originally had hope that I could still go and take it easy but a week in the hospital from complications dashed any hope of that.

Since the hospital was restrictive with visitors I ended up convincing my parents to still go and they both did very well on the trip surprisingly enough.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. fasbman

fasbman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I canceled a trip to Vegas last August, I think it was. I was fighting congestion and a bad cough. While I was almost certain it wasn’t COVID, I decided to cancel the morning of the trip rather than fight through it. I was able to reuse the SWA airfare and no hotel charge hit either since I canceled before 6 PM. In retrospect, it was a no brained.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, canceled the day before once. Disappointing, but unavoidable. Tickets were with Southwest so it was easy to cancel and have a credit.

It is quite hot here now, if you're lucky maybe it will cool down a few degrees by then!

8. HHFan

HHFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a medical issue while in Vegas and had a nightmarish experience at the UMC ER. If you have any concerns about your health, it’s worth staying home and not risking having to figure out what to do in a new city.

9. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes tested and negative.

Last Minute Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  10. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I've had to cancel twice over the years due to health issues and I hated it every time!

I should have cancelled once due to an ear infection. Do NOT fly with an ear infection. Incredible pain.

Tentative for WSOP & Super Senior event
  11. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never for myself, but sick cats... probably dozens of times. I used to have monthly trips scheduled knowing that more often than not it wasn't going to happen. It always made finally getting to go really exciting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had my first trip booked last month. Then I managed to break my shoulder from a fall
    memorial day from my pandemic health kick....jogging. :rolleyes2:
    Cancelled all of June.
    Orthopedist gave me his blessing... I plan to be wearing my sling, and head out in a few weeks.
    Will be an easy trip. Sitting & playing mostly.

Hang in there. Go when youre feeling better.

13. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had to cancel a couple of Vegas trip in the past, due to catching a cold/flu bug, but that was years ago. Also, back in the mid-90s, I came down with the shingles a week before my trip which sucked. Since my airfare was nonrefundable, it sucked even more.

A few years ago, I also cut my trip short when I came down with a bad cold while in Vegas. Most likely, I caught that bug from the person sitting next to me on the plane who was hacking away during the entire flight.

14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. A few times. It sucks. Especially when you come to VMB and read the TRs from friends who somehow are managing to have fun without you. :cry:

The hardest was when I cancelled a non-Vegas trip last year because I had some cold symptoms and was told not to travel with any illness. By what would have been morning two of my trip, I felt fine. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  15. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve cancelled twice in the last 10 years. IMHO, the only thing worse while being sick is not being sick in the comfort of your home. Didn’t regret my cancellations at all and had just that much more to look forward to on my next visit.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Agree Agree x 2