1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can you mail in a winning sports bet?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by LVRaiders, Dec 7, 2019.

1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My boss mentioned he has a winning ticket from the NBA Finals (June 2019), and he and his wife do not have any plans to head back to Vegas in 2020. It is a decent win ($3500). Does anyone know if he has any option to cash that in at a sister Caesars property, or mail the ticket in to his host to collect? I assume no but figured I would ask.

Summer 2020 Getaway
  2. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the back of most sports betting tickets there are instructions on how to mail in a winner. They'll send him a check. He should do that ASAP as they have different expiration dates depending on the book and the bet.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done this countless times without issue. Average turnaround time for me is usually about two weeks from when I mail it to when the check comes in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've sent in a few "mail pay" tickets. It goes without saying to use a trackable mail method with proof of delivery. I sent one that got "lost" in regular mail once and was out forty bucks. Not a boatload of money but I learned my lesson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As mentioned, you can redeem by mail; you cannot cash in at an out-of-state property, nor can you mail the ticket to his host (I mean, you could, but I would strongly recommend against that). However, tell your boss to check the ticket immediately for its expiration. I believe the Caesars standard is 365 days, so he'd have some time, but some places are 180 days, which would make the expiration Tuesday (since the NBA Finals were decided on June 13), which means he needs to overnight that in today, and absolutely no later than Monday. Also, looking at a Caesars ticket in front of me, the redemption address is a PO Box, which means he has to use USPS and not Fedex or other services.