1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can you ask for a different offer?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Marilynfan, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So like clockwork my Cosmo offer showed up today. I have been getting 2 nights midweek steady. After my last trip in September the offers have started to include some freeplay (ex. Dec offer had $75 and last offer in Feb had $50). I have a 2 night trip planned at the end of my LA trip in early Aug so I've been waiting for an offer from Cosmo to cover those dates. Today's offer says 4 complimentary nights!!! It doesn't even mention just mid-week but there is no freeplay. Of course I am over the moon but since I can't use the 4 nights any chance I could ask them for 2 nights and some freeplay instead? Anyone ever done that?

BTW - talk about a difference in how I am treated between Cosmo and Aria. I have been fuming about my crappy MLIFE offers. Aria is sending me offers for a room starting at $85 and my corporate offer was only discounted rooms everywhere. This after constantly getting 2 nights with freeplay AND resort credit. I had my biggest gambling trip ever in Sept and really expected to see an increase in what they were offering. I have split my stay between Cosmo/Aria the last 4 trips gambling around the same at each. MLIFE no offers and Cosmo 4 nights. Just crazy.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can ask for anything. All they can say is no. I have not done it personally.

Adding to that, what is you relationship with your host? People disagree with the relationship with a host as if they are their "slave" or something like that.

I treat my host as my "friend". I typically bring my host(s) a gift every time I visit Las Vegas, even if I'm not staying with them. Nothing major, a small box of chocolates, just to keep my name in their mind.

One trip I was substantially overcomped, but my host covered it. That being said, I am cultivating a relationship with a new CET host, I will be bringing her a slightly "larger than average" gift, because I have a "larger than average" favor to ask.

You do realize that the property you're comping at (Aria) is the most difficult property in the mLife system, and Cosmopolitan is hungry for customers, right?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I concur, ask away. In the past the host said their hands were tied to the specifics of an offer, but instead of Free Play, maybe he would comp a bit more on the back end.

Interesting. We are going hostless (if thats a word) our next as we are fed up without our CET host as will be low rolling, but we too plan to seek out a new CET host.
    Are you unhappy with the current CET host or just like to switch them up every so often?

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My CET host got promoted and I have decided to switch home properties and at the same time change to an Asian Marketing Host.

5. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry should have mentioned I don't have a host so I would be dealing directly with Identity desk. Guess I will ask and see what happens.

Yes I realize Aria expects a lot of play but they must have moved the line or something for everything to suddenly stop after 2 years. I can accept that maybe they have overcomped me and the ride at Aria is over. However, what I can't accept is that my play is not sufficient to generate ANY free nights at even the low end MLIFE properties?? I was getting 2 nights higher end and 3 nights at lower end places with FP and RC on my last several corporate offers and this time - discounts only.

6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, mLife is kinda "different", in that you will only generate specific offers if you play at that property.

If your play had moved from Aria over to Mirage or MGM Grand, you would definitely get some offers over there.

In your case, you are at the mercy of the agent you speak to on the phone. Some agents have more flexibility (power) than others to make changes. Some may refer your case to a host. In any case if you do get something favorable, a small token of appreciation wouldn't be out of the question.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They wouldn't make any changes to the offer but once I heard what it was I didn't care! I have only gotten city rooms comped in the past so I always paid the upgrade to a balcony and then of course the resort fees so the room was never really free. This time the offer was for a One Bedroom Terrace with the resort fees waived! My very first truly free room in Vegas. I'm a happy girl!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat. I used to have rooms and a bit of resort credit & free play at every MLife resort. They all went away around the New Year and only Mirage came back. This is despite my biggest ever gambling trip back in November. There is a older thread abt this topic. Its discouraging. Congrats on the Cosmo offer. I'd stay there!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good. I was going to suggest yesterday that you ask what room type was covered.

What I noticed over the last few rounds of Cosmo offers is that they seem to slosh things around as far as the value of the components in an offer. I always play the same amount per day, but in the last 4 offers I've had the freeplay change from $330 to $475 to $300 to $200. With the $475 freeplay offer it was for a One Bedroom but with the $200 freeplay it was a Terrace Suite.

I think most Cosmo offers don't mention what type of room is covered, so it pays to call and ask.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I have realized that now. The offers never said the type of room but I just assumed it was what I always had. I guess since they now also don't mention Sun-Thurs which my other offers usually said that this one was probably good over a weekend too. Sure wish I was going to be in Vegas 4 days so I could have taken advantage of the whole thing.

Curious my 2 night stay on this offer will be at the beginning of August. I've been playing around with another trip that would be the end of Sept. Can I assume that they are not going to send me another offer until I return from the August trip correct? If the schedule stayed the same as it was I'd expect my next offer for Sept dates would come the first Tuesday of June - which would give me time to firm up plans, flights, etc. If I won't see anything until mid-end August don't think I can make that work.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen people here say that if you have an offer booked at Cosmo it blocks additional offers. From my own experience, I can't prove that's true or not true. But it does seem to be true that you get an offer shortly after a stay.

This question might be something you could call about. I've found the Cosmo reservation agents to be comparatively well informed about their whole process. I had an offer that was good through the end of June but wanted book July. I was getting antsy about booking, so I called the other day to see if they would book me on it and the agent I talked to said a new offer was "dropping" that very day. She booked me on the new offer, I looked in my email and it had come in about an hour earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We had an offer at MB with FP and resort credit. Since my husband won $25k FP in a slot tourney at Aria in Oct we didn't need the FP. We asked our host at MB if we could have more resort credit instead of the FP and he obliged by giving us more resort credit while still keeping the FP. We're not high roller by any means but we go often. Worth asking IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.