1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can I get resort fee comped as a Caesars Diamond staying in a room reserved by a friend?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ryan 5-0, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Ryan 5-0

Ryan 5-0 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi there, I matched to Caesars Diamond and am going to Vegas with some friends. One of my friends is a Caesars Gold via play and had a comp rate but includes resort fees. Is there any way to use my Diamond status to get the fees comped if I am staying in the room with him? Thanks in advance.

2. jon_vegas

jon_vegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try adding your friends CET # as your companion and book it. I've done this before a while ago when I was a diamond with no compd rooms but my friend was gold and he had compd rooms. I'm not sure if it works the other way around where your friend adds your #. I think the room had to be in the diamond's name but not 100% certain. Also, if you do this, both have to be present during check-in.

3. killswamper23

killswamper23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've been successful everywhere in vegas and ac doing this except for Planet Hollywood. they absolutely would not budge on this at all.

4. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @jon_vegas I can confirm, the person with the higher tier has to be the primary when booking companion offers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am assuming there is a reason it is not booked in YOUR/DIAMOND name in the first place?

6. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Tier for resort fees is based upon who make the reservation. If your buddy made it and is Gold you can't get resort fees waived. It must be booked under your account.

7. Ryan 5-0

Ryan 5-0 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He had the better rates under his account via his comps. I am a matched Diamond, my room rates were meh and even with the resort fee waived for my booking the total was still ~$200 more than my friend for 3 nights.

8. Ryan 5-0

Ryan 5-0 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jon, were you saying that you were able to book your friend's comped rooms by just adding their CET#?

9. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at Ballys and we checked out, I am diamond, other person with me was not diamond...while waiting to leave for the flight, it got delayed a few times for bad weather back home, we decided to rebook and take a flight next day...we needed a room and I already had my allotted days...person I was with got a room at Ballys, they were going to hit her with resort fees until they added me to the room as her guest. said since I was diamond they would waive the resort fees

10. JLoson0550

JLoson0550 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call ahead of time, get your number added to the room and they’ll take off the fees on the phone. Just did it for our upcoming trip this wkd and friend reserved the room. For Planet Hollywood

11. jon_vegas

jon_vegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. The room was around $50/night if I booked it alone but my friend had it comped, just had to pay resort fees. So, I added his # as my companion and when I checked the rates again, they were comped and no resort fee since I'm diamond.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ryan 5-0

Ryan 5-0 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh interesting so I should do a booking on my own and then add his number and see if things change as a result. Although he already booked a room under his comped rate so maybe he used his comp. But I guess it can't hurt to try just on case.

13. jon_vegas

jon_vegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he already booked it, I don't think it will show comp'd or if still shows comp'd, it will not allow you to book/finalize online since you can only have 1 room comp'd at a time. As others have stated above, maybe your friend can add you instead. I suggest that you give your friend your # and I think DOB as well. Since he can't double book, he will need to call and have them change the existing reservation to add you.

14. Ryan 5-0

Ryan 5-0 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the DPs by everyone. We will try to do the ask nicely method after adding me first since people had success at two different properties.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019