1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can I get my 16yr old into an 18+ show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by NickyDim, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt you'd have much a problem - does he appear really young?

And like others have said, back when I was 16 - I didn't know any less than I do right now about sex, drugs, or alcohol except I have a different perspective on all of it now....

Well I take that back, I had a little more first hand experience with those types of things since that time - however I had still been exposed to it at 16 as any kid in a public school inevitably will be.

2. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's looks 18. He's 5'10" 180 lbs. I think calling the box office will be a waste as they are obligated to say he must be 18. That's why I asked here to see if anyone had first hand experience.

I want to get discount tickets, so I'd have to buy them in advance and not at the box office, so we'd really be taking a chance.

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is he completely unaware that he appears on MTV?

Who does this idiot think buys most of his music?

4. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are way worse things in life than a 16 year old hearing Carrot Top say a few bad words.

Vegas is fun, don't ruin other people's fun. Live and let live.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
  5. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the risk of getting turned away at the door and ruining the show for the rest of your party worth it to take the chance? If it is then go and try and get him in, if not then leave him at the Excalibur Midway while the rest of your party/family goes to see the show.

I would have to say that there is a very good chance that if it says "18 and over" on the tickets or when you buy the tickets they tell you the age restrictions that if there is any reason at all for the ushers to ask for ID then they will 100% ask for ID.
    If you can not produce ID for him they will not let you in. Then you will all have to stand there awkwardly while you decide who doesn't go in the show and plays babysitter to the under aged son.

I also agree with Sammasseur.

6. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does not 18+ mean 18+? Would it be ok if I cursed in front of the child for 90 minutes?

7. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I paid for a trip to Vegas (called Sin City for a reason) and a ticket to an adults-only show, then I don't care to watch it with minors. I won't let somebody's kid spoil MY fun. I belong there, he doesn't. Seems pretty clear. :Þ

8. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair enough. We'll all decide on another show to attend.

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like this one has been resolved. Instead of leaving it open for the thwacking of deceased equines, I'm going to close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.