1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can anybody help me with The Americans TV show?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watch it but because its on at 10pm I partially sleep thru a lot of episodes and miss who is who sometimes.
    I know the two main spys the daughter and son and the FBI guy across the street. Also Langella who just went back to Ussr.
    What I dont get is how he puts on a pilots disguise and sees this Vietnamese kid a Russian lady That crew?
    Also the guy who lives with his parents in Russia and the dude in jail?
    I recognize the lady that was a spy at the FBI and went back.
    Complicated but interesting. I'm gonna start taping it and watching it during the day. I do the same thing with two other shows,Better Call Saul and Rogue.
    Thanks

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JG, do you have Comcast or Verizon Fios over there? I have Fios and watch Saul using the "on demand" function at any time. If I wait a week I can get to skip through the commercials and see it in about 40 minutes.

Haven't seen The Americans yet, but it's on my radar.

3. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just started The Americans, but I'm catching up on Netflix. Otherwise I'd just dvr or see if it was on OnDemand.

4. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guys, I like love this freaking t.v.show .... this is only tv drama I watch I usually DVR it as well. It will be sad once it's over...I wonder what happens at the end? Do you guys think they will "turn them self in"? Or back to Russia?
    I think it will end with them being just continue on as being spy...

5. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man too much info for me to write and explain it...as @hammie mentioned it better watching it thru on demand or like @bshowell watch it thru Netflix.

6. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Russian guy worked for the KGB In Washington. He and the FBI guy were working Nina as a double agent. He tried to get FBI guy to keep Nina on as a spy but FBI guy wouldn't do it. He thought he was in love with her, but couldn't risk his career . KGB guy was also in love with her. Nina got sent back to Russia and sent to prison where they set her up to get secrets from a kid napped former defector scientist. Nina fell in love with him and got busted trying to send a letter from him to his son. She ran out of second chances and was executed.

KGB guy got sickened by the whole mess and transferred back to Russia where his father, the Minister of Transportation pulled strings to get him a job with the Ministry of Agricultural as a fraud investigator. The guy in jail was caught selling black market produce for the Russian mafia.

FBI guy has a secret tape which the Attorney General wants him to use to blackmail Russian guy into being a double agent but he is balking because they have become friends.

Phillip and Elizabeth are using the pilot and stewardess covers on Tuan to explain their long absences, even though he knows they are Russian spies.

Philip is having all kinds of second thoughts, especially over the Paige issue. I think he is going to try to escape from the spy business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have DTV can watch back shows on demand.

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Breeze,reclining chairs and couches are my tv downfalls.

9. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha Ha Jersey Guy. I just accused my GF (The Baboo) of having a secret VMB account because she loves The Americans but has the exact same problem of dozing through episodes and having to catch up later. We have Comcast Xfinity and she watches the episodes she dozes through on that.

10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuan is a Russian spy as well and together with Elizabeth and Philip they are working the other Russian family as the father is a defector who was a Soviet agricultural scientist. Tuan befriended the kid to get close to them. The airline cover is to explain their absences to the other family.

It can get confusing if you miss an episode or fall asleep which I do from time to time as well. Wikipedia explains it all pretty well or Reddit.

It has high ratings across the board but not large numbers but thankfully FX stands by it's shows.

11. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like most of the show,thanks to you guys I'm catching up with all the characters and whats going on. I like the way they show how those people live in fear .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.