1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Call Me Mr. Hopadapolis." Our (Un?)Lucky 13th Vegas Trip!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tringlomane, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good news!

Free booze in tunica?

And yeah I maybe have 1 or two beers if that when I gamble locally. More if with friends or I stay overnight

2. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And not your fathers is the devil. So dangerous. Ever have it with ice cream?

I have had other hard rootbeers that were 10 to 12%. But just as smooth going down

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt I go to Tunica nearly as much if I had to pay for drinks. VP paytables are generally better in St. Louis. lol
    Yeah, the 10% version on draft is better and M had it with ice cream once. She definitely liked it. Supposedly the 19.8% abv version is on tap right now near M's parents' house. That's the only one I haven't had. And would also break my record for abv in a beer, Dogfish Head 120 min. (18%). [emoji48]

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to a beer place near me.. not a brew up but a beer bar. They have mead. Also very dangerous. Goes down really easy.

5. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that's $20 a minute.

6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've had that? :nworthy:

The 90 minute is one of my favorites, but I don't think I've even seen the 120 minute.

7. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL...I need to get into that gig!

Yeah, just saw ~18 bottles for sale this week while in Chicago. But it's pretty limited in availability. And I was pretty disappointed for the price when I tried it ($9-$10 per 12 oz. bottle). I would much rather have three 90 min. instead. One of them has sat in my fridge for a couple of years now...they say it "ages" well. I hope it does. :evillaugh

8. Gargamel

Gargamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great TR:thumbsup:

9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your TR! A "plus" of the West Wing is the bar exit to get out to the strip faster. plus walking in the long first floor hallway makes me feel like Andre the Giant (as in tall, not dead!)

10. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a brilliant idea for the Linq to do a Late Night Swim.
    I wish all the resorts did that!
    Thanks for a great report.

11. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the bar elevator helped but we were really about halfway between either elevator bank. Also walking to the Tropicana bathroom will make you feel like Andre...lol I bothered to touch the ceiling this time. I'm 6'1".

Yeah, it was really nice. Poorly advertised though, I learned about it from another TR I think. I would be surprised if they did it next year, and if they do, they definitely need to promote it more. And thanks for reading! :thumbsup:

12. Wezvidz

Wezvidz High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome TR. You always chime in on mine and boy, I sure do a lot less than you each trip. Your girl doesn't drink? Noticed you in the passenger seat of most car pics. With how much we drink, every trip I don't venture out much from home base.. which is why we don't stay in "isolated" places like MB, Wynncore, etc. 5th trip of the year next week with my buddy C who lives in Qatar and we'll be rotating through the PHo/Cosmo/Bellagio triangle the whole time.

13. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She doesn't drink much. Alcohol effects her poorly and its effects are inconsistent. Sometimes she won't feel a thing even after multiple drinks. Or she'll get hot and stuffy. She is somewhat allergic to alcohol probably, and it generally effects her worse if the drink is warmer. And yes, I really abuse her being a DD because of this. :eek: If we both drank most evenings, we probably wouldn't be driving nearly as much. It's a minor miracle I keep getting her to come back to Vegas...:evillaugh And yes, we run around a lot, but that part of what keeps her happy on these trips. If I was solo, I could likely be parked at TAG til I passed out drunk...:wink2: And definitely skip a rental car/off strip because I wouldn't want to drink and drive. :nono: Oh and if I ever go solo...Live TR!!! Everyone will be in bed with most of my updates though...:thumbsup:

Typing this after finishing a 21st Amendment Hop Crisis (9.7%; 4.5 sips)...lol

14. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man live reports that deteriorates through the night is something I hope for!

15. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come back in two weeks. I'm going solo for the first time. First round of Blatz is on me! A couple of the TAG bartenders serve a drink called "breakfast." It's got blueberry stoli in it. We'll make them keep the bar open until breakfast!

50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
  16. blount2000

blount2000 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report (as always)! Loved all of the pics and the abundance of beer variety!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.