1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cali to Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by NYNYGirl, Aug 19, 2019.

1. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we will be coming from California. In particular from the Los Angeles area. Just wondering what are the ways to get to Vegas one way.

I realize we can drive or even fly. But I thought someone mentioned an inexpensive way to get there. Probably by bus or something...Ideas....

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long trip from Colombia to Vegas. ;)

Made that trip north of 100 times over the years, but always drove or flew (a few times). Amtrak "train" service is via bus, and there are oodles of other carriers out there. If you end up renting and driving happy to share any tips ... not that there are that many.

3. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If cost is a concern and time isn't, I'd suggest a low cost bus carrier like FlixBus or BoltBus.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Megasbus is an option as well.

But a 5-6 hour ride on a bus isn't my idea of fun and there are plenty of airport options in the LA area where you should be able to find reasonably priced airfare.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Megabus was the one I was thinking about. I thought it would be about 4 hours. But if longer will definitely look into another transportation mode...Will check the other ones that were mentioned as well.

6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scott's right. You'll have about six airports and pretty much ever single carrier from which to choose. Me? I'd one-way rent, particularly if you are more than one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably will end up just renting and driving. Especially that it will be a few of us. This way we're in control too about if we want to stop or anything like that.

• Like Like x 1