1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Calculating House Edge on Wynn Slots App

Discussion in 'Slots' started by VegasSchemer, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought some chips on the Wynn app and want to calculate the house edge to see where my purchase will likely land me.

Here's my data:

I've earned 190 gems since my chip purchase.
    Each gem has cost from 800k to 1.25mil in chips to earn. I haven't kept perfect track, so to be on the conservative side, let's just go with 800k per gem.

By my math, I've done at least 152,000,000 in bets.

I've lost 15,000,000 chips to this point. This means the "hold" so far has been about 9.8%, right?

If so, I'm a happy camper if it stays around there. My fear was the game would be set to like 80-83%.

Correct if I've made a mistake here. Thought this could be helpful for me to track for anyone considering making a purchase. I've never stayed at the Wynn but always wanted to and I see this as a way to get a solid discount.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. Wabashabi

Wabashabi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much did you invest in chips?

3. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Purchased a $100 pack.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming your results are representative of average, you're correct. But if you haven't done too many spins, your actual results could greatly vary from expected. How many spins have you done so far on the app you think?

5. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done over 6,600 at this point and the edge has moved down toward 6% after a really good stretch. I’ve done 95%+ of the action betting the same amount (60k/spin).

6. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who may interested, here is where I'm sitting now:

Over 10,000 spins, house edge moved back up to 10% while betting 60k to 100k the entire time. Once you hit level 31, it takes 1.75m coin in to get one one gem. That really cuts into the potential value. My math suggests that if started a new account, bought $100 in chips and played it out, you'll likely grab somewhere from 1,700 to 1,900 gems which covers lots of weekdays in the game.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, but if you're looking to get a cheap room at the Wynn, this is one route. $100 plus the resort fee, definitely better than you'd get booking online anywhere without previous play history.

7. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to check in to see how people are doing.

I haven't bought any chips but I'm at level 28 at around 726 Gems. It seems like I made the majority of my gems on 3 huge runs where i let the game spin and leveled up about 100 gems each. But most of the time, I would spin for about 5-10 minutes and be broke, spinning 60K a spin.

Just seeing how everyone else was and to see if the rest of the way was worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.