1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Suites

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by KevinF, Mar 2, 2020.

1. KevinF

KevinF Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone else have issues booking Caesars Suites through your CET account? When I log in and search for hotels I rarely ever have options to book a suite. If I log out I can see them, but not while logged in.

2. she loves it

she loves it Tourist

I often have the same problem. It's gotten a bit better but if you call in they will give you way more options and at different prices.

Really frustrating imo.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. It's not just the Caesars Suites website, it's all of them. CET will basically only show you rooms you can get comped.

I think I narrowed down the logic to something like this:

Put in a range of dates
    • If you can get ANY (one or more) nights in that range comped, it will only show you room types you can get comped
    • If you can't get ANY night fully comped, it will apply a discount to maybe the standard room, but show you all room types, and the regular retail prices for them

There's some weird exceptions, like:
    • CP will only show me rooms I can get comped, PLUS Nobu rooms which I can't
    • PH will only show me rooms I can get comped, PLUS the Apex or Boulevard Suites, which I can't

I still haven't figured out the reasoning. If I want to pay you full boat for a suite instead of taking a comp room, why not let me?

There was one time I wanted to book a Masquerade Suite at Rio because someone else here mentioned it was really cheap for some dates. And it was, so I was willing to pay. But it wouldn't show it to me online. When logged out, I could see that it was available. It was cheap, which meant there wasn't any question about availability.

When I called, of course I had to give them my TR# and the guy I talked to said the Masquerade Suite didn't come up at all, he couldn't book it, even paid. So obviously he was seeing the same thing the online system showed.

So I logged out and booked it and then added my TR# when I checked in, and ended up getting about 3/4ths of it comped back-end.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Zapper

Zapper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting, new Diamond member here and something has been bugging me and was wondering about this. When I look at rates not logged-in I see rates and dates. When I log-in and it shows I'm Diamond obviously. The rates for the same dates are always higher. No resort fees obviously makes the total overall rate a bit lower but nowhere near 15% lower (Diamond). Anyone else notice this or is there a work-around? I considered what it looks like Chuck2009x did above. Book it without signing in, then give my Diamond card when I check in. I'm a newbie to Caesars so would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions?

5. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I could see the eStandby upgrades during the booking process, rather than afterwards. I sometimes can get "base" rooms comped at 3 or 4 properties, but I wonder which of those will give me the most affordable upgrade to a suite. In order to find out, I have to book one, get a confirmation, then see my eStandby options, then cancel it, then try with one of the other properties...

6. gatesjosh819

gatesjosh819 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I talked to a host from Caesars at an event sponsored by CET and he told me on average there are 500 7 Stars players on property. Not sure how many suites they have but I am assuming those players are getting them. I have been 7 Stars for two years and at most properties outside of Vegas I rarely get upgraded rooms.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I can think of is that CET is periodically having sales.

If you're logged in, they may not be applying the publicly available sale prices.

This could affect you if you're Diamond from a match or spend, instead of mostly from play, and so you're not getting comped nights.

I also see this when I want to book a stay longer than the five nights I can get comped. Any nights beyond five, the website quotes me full retail rates for the extra nights, even if they are running a sale.

I'd suggest calling.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not really the problem. If you're not logged in, the website shows them to you. They're available. If you're logged in, they only show you rooms you can get comped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Zapper

Zapper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck, appreciate the feedback. I will call them when I book my next one if (when) I notice the price diff again or maybe just ask them in the Diamond checkin for the first time in May.

10. Laugh

Laugh High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is similar to Mlife. If you have a low-tier comp then you can't see anything better than the basic rooms. Mid tier comps and you can see the larger rooms and suites. But you won't be able to see the penthouses and higher. Once you're able to see at the rooms, penthouses, villas, etc. then you've reached the top, lol.
    CR has so few suites and above that they probably don't want you booking it. And those who aren't enrolled in their reward system probably rarely go for a super nice room.
    I dunno. Lol. Just speculation. I can only see certain nicer rooms with CR. Hoping that changes this year.

11. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book through my host. Several times I've asked for a particular suite and always got it. There were a couple times she gave me a suite I didn't ask for. When I'm on a solo trip I really don't care about having a suite.

12. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been a personal gripe of mine also. Sometimes suites are shown and sometimes they aren’t. I wish I could see what the up charge would be because I would probably upgrade quite often.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Wallew As I understand it, the reasoning is that they don't want you to pay an upcharge. They want you to either pay for it outright, or comp it to somebody whose play merits that. If there's still something available closer to your arrival date, they'll send out the standby emails, but they have no interest in letting you lock down a suite in advance at a heavy discount.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Laugh

Laugh High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda why I liked MGM Resorts. So many suites, penthouses, villas. They have room for everyone.
    But I'm over my youthful phase of always needing a really nice. big room. Now I just want a nice standard one.

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET used to show you all room types except the super high end ones. If you couldn't get a room type comped, you had to pay full retail, but you could still book it.

That changed about two years ago, maybe three.

MLife still shows me all the room types except the super high end ones.

16. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is my pet peeve! Why not show everything to everyone! If I'm a Diamond or 7*, why not show me suite rates, even if I can't get them comped? Even if I can't get any discount- I should be able to see those rates when I'm signed in!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. wagon b0y

wagon b0y Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At mlife i'm finally able to see penthouses comped on weekdays at mirage and lower. Climbin the food chain.

Also on CET, when i choose the hotel i choose "Ceasers suites" instead of flamingo or paris, and it lets me go thru hotels that i can get a comped suite. Usualy its flamingo/ballys/rio. I'm a low diamand player.

18. Laugh

Laugh High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny. I had thought about the "Caesar's Suite" option online in the hotel list drop down. But I was too lazy to edit my post, lol.
    On the old website... wasn't that about a year ago? It was kinda hard and annoying to look at suites+.
    Kinda wish they just included those suites when you search for rooms at that particular hotel.

19. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think fugsworth nailed it.

CET doesn’t have very many suites. They don’t want people reserving them in advance at a discount, they need to hold them for people whose play warrants them in case they decide to come in last minute.

At mlife properties something like 15% of the rooms are suites, there are a ton of them, enough to market and sell them to non comped players and the general public.

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true.

The really really high end ones, I agree. But the rest, they aren't holding them. They just won't sell them to you (at any price) when you're logged in and can get some other room comped. If you're not logged in, you can book one if they're not truly sold out of them.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020