1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Shopping Promo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jsmile898, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the CP shopping promo that I recieved for September. Normally I don't calculate tier credits because my hosts comps me on what I charge to the room.

I play table games. Specifically, bacarat. How much play becomes 7500 tier credits?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://urcomped.com/vip/calculator/

It depends on your avg bet and length. Try this calculator.

Edit:Actually nevermind. Wrong tool. Not sure how to calculate table game tier credits. It depends on their house edge formula.

Hoelidays
  3. dualaces123

dualaces123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very roughly 5000 divided by your average bet will get you the number of hours you need.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is notorious for being almost impossible to estimate TCs for table games. I've seen players state they played the same game for roughly the same amount of time at the same avg bet and get wildly different TCs.

Getting back-end comps shouldn't affect the number of TCs you get from gaming, so you may be able to derive it from your monthly TR statement.

If you look at your monthly TR statements online, it will show you the number of Rewards Credits you earned from gaming. For slots, you earn the same number of TCs as RCs. I'm not sure why they would do it differently for tables.

So I think the number of base TCs you earned from gaming should be about the same as the number of RCs. If you get back-end comps and they redeem some RCs at the same time, the TR statement still shows you how many you earned, redemptions are listed separately.

So if you had a trip in a given month and played mostly bacc and have an idea of how much you played, you can look at the TR statement and judge it that way.

Maybe someone here who plays bacc at CET will see this and post their experience.

Otherwise, about all you can do is estimate:
    HA on bacc is 1%
    So every $100 bet on bacc = $1 in theo
    Slots generate about 2 TCs per $1 of theo (on a slot with a 10% hold rate)

So bacc should generate about 2 TCs per $100 bet.

So, back of the envelope calc would be $375,000 wagered for 7,500 TCs. 3,750 bets at $100. At 72 hands/hr, that'd be 52 hours, which is close to what @dualaces123 's formula is.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/diamond-tier-playing-baccarat.84690/

upload_2021-7-28_4-43-32.png

Note that his last sentence does not quite compute when he mentions making Diamond, unless either he is taking daily TC bonuses into account or the basic threshold for Diamond was lower in 2012 (I think it was but I don't remember exactly WHAT it was). If the threshold then was only 10,000 or 12,000 then it's plausible.

If he got 1,530 base TCs from that play level, he'd have to play 5x the amount of time - 37.5 hours, at $146, to get 7,650 TCs.

At $100/hand, it'd be ~56 hours to get 7,650 TCs. So you can take it from there, depending on what your average bet is.

Seems like all the different methods come in around 50+ hours per $100 avg to get to 7,500 TCs.

Not to muddy the waters, but to contrast to slots, slots would take $37,500 coin-in to get 7,500 base TCs, which would be about 15 hours of $5/spin at 500 spins/hr.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much!! I've never paid attention to TCs and was always more aware of my ratings (avg bet and #hours) to calculate back end comps.. Of course, my play depends on how well I am doing at the table. Hopefully the extra shopping bonus comes to me naturally due to better higher due to winnings .:woohoo:

If anyone has any experience with bacc and calculating TCs, please let me know your experience so I can see if the extra bonus is realistic.

6. Pika Pea

Pika Pea Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think its better to bet bigger then drop your bet? I've been playing around with that at my locals where the blackjack minimum is $5-10. e.g. Start at $25 then drop to $10 when the pit walks away. Typically I'll start with minimum bets and then raise it as I become more comfortable (or tilted!) but the points never reflect anything other than what I assume what I start with.

7. HardEight44

HardEight44 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious what you're average bet and hours of play are per day? That's quite a good offer. I usually can put in 5 hours at craps with an average of 400. My offer was 200 and play up for an extra 300. Nothing great.

8. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really hard to say and depends on the trip. I do some shopping, pool parties and clubs so some days I don't play at all. My average is $400-$500ish?

9. dualaces123

dualaces123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, one of the reasons I prefer tables games is that you can manipulate the system. Slots/VP will always have your true theoretical, but table games, that's not true. The speed of the game, how you're rated, etc., impact things. That's before any advantage play options get worked into it.

So, yes, I do think that adjusting your bets can help. But, what you need to figure out is how they are rating you. If they're typing your bet into a computer right when you start, and then adjusting, yes, your strategy is probably best. On the other hand, a place like Caesars, they just write down your number on a piece of paper, and adjust their paper and then call in the rating at the end.

A trick in that context is actually to play a long time on a small amount (say $200 average bet) but, toward the end, increase your bet dramatically. This can be done under the guise of chasing your losses or pressing your wins (depending on the situation). What you're banking on is that the pit is going to remember where you ended MORE than where you started:

Eg. Let's say you bet 200/hand for 3 hours.
    Then for the last hour, you bet $1000 per hand.
    This is actually an average bet size of 400.

But, what can (and often does happen) is that the pit has $200 written down, and then he has $1000 written down, and you ended with 1000, and so he kind of averages those two numbers (ie. $600/hand avg) or even rounds up and you might end up getting rated for 600-700/hand, when your true rating should be $400.

So, all that to say, it depends on how they are rating you. If you're at a low limit table and they're just plugging you into a computer and then disappearing, starting with a big bet and then dropping when pit is out of sight is probably best. But, if they're actively tracking you and reporting at the end, I've found you get better ratings by ending with your biggest bet size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pika Pea

Pika Pea Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that thoughtful response. I am a solid red-chipper and recently have become more interested in getting comps haha. I typically bet lower at the end because I've hit my win/loss point and losing a bunch right before I leave would feel bad.

11. dualaces123

dualaces123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a red chip game at a busy place, they're not going to have a pit who is following you closely enough to be rating you at the end. I would bet in 99% of times they are entering it in a computer, checking back a couple times, and a computer is doing the rest. Only real way to beat that is to bet as big as possible when they are seeing you and entering your info into computer, and as small as possible when they can't see, without getting caught. Some tryhard dealers will tip off the pit, but most people don't care. It's not like a red chip player is getting comped a ton anyway, so fairly easy to manipulate.

• Love Love x 1
  12. Pika Pea

Pika Pea Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think most table games use specific theo to calculate offers? since 6:5 blackjack has about 4x the house edge, would you expect playing at a $25 6:5 table to generate the same offers as $100 3:2?

I would have thought the bet size mattered as the big players get the best comps and the term "average bet" is thrown around quite alot; it would be a bummer to play at a black chip level to come out with green chip comps...

13. dualaces123

dualaces123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they do use specific games (so a 6:5 game generates more theo than a 3:2 game) but they don't calculate it based on playing perfect basic strategy -- they assume a certain level of player error. Anecdotally, 6:5 is roughly 7x worse for a basic strategy player from the good 3:2 games, and theo seems to generate at only about a 4x rate.

• Love Love x 1