1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars properties will start checking all "Room Occupied" rooms daily

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Ken, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken

Ken Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like CET will be every 24 hours. Anyone know if MGM is still 48 hours?

3. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to really annoying I think. I wouldn't mind if they checked the room in the evening, but I'm guessing they will be bothering me in the early afternoon or even morning. I like to stay up till like 5-6am and sleep till diamond lounges open.

For this reason, I always passed on housekeeping even before credits we're available as I didn't like to be bothered.

4. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed at Paris, and was offered a $10a day credit if I didn’t use housekeeping. I declined, but what if you don’t decline. It doesn’t make sense to have a policy of opting out of housekeeping but have someone check you room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spent Monday and Tuesday nights at Harrah's Laughlin. They were replacing all the "Do Not Disturb" door hangers with new door hangers. One side read "Room Occupied". The other side read "Service Requested". According to housekeeping, you hang the "Service Requested" side when you leave the room and they know they can service the room without disturbing you too early. Keep it on "Room Occupied" when you are in the room. The wording allows them to check rooms if they feel it is necessary. Housekeeping said all CET properties are transitioning to these signs. And our housekeeper said it was due to the "incident" at Mandalay Bay.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does this solve? Are they checking bags or under covers/sheets while they are in the rooms? If they don't do a full shake down of an occupied room this is useless. This will add nothing to security, and only add to annoyance. I hope the cleaning crew and security are briefed on how many drunk nudes they about to encounter with this.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Ken

Ken Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope nobody plans on sleeping or having sex past 8am when staying at Caesars properties. Oh, and you better make sure you're not in the shower when security walks in the door. Great idea Caesars, this move will upset just about every single one of your guests.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo.... had that happen to me a couple times.....once in the shower ...

pretty sure julietta has seen a lot of sausage

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it to make you feel better. The last thing the corporation wants to do is admit impotence. We're doing something. 'Cause if we did nothing, Roman J. Israel, Esq. will be all over us in all means of litigation. At least by doing this, we can plead that we were doing everything in our power. Theater. You know...security theater (tryin' to remember...now where have I heard that before? ;)) . So what if it's actually useless. Appearance matter. There are those out there thinking "Oh, I'm just so glad they're doing this. We won't have another one of those Mandalay Bay incidents." Meanwhile, the world's heaviest suitcase makes its way to the room. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont care. I would rather not be in the room naked but thats on them. If they dont want to see it, dont come in.

11. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    E43B8E38-ACC8-4CE3-8C60-99D879E33DA0.jpeg

Downtown Boyd properties policy.

AirBnB Henderson. They say social distancing...Will we make this trip?
  12. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will ask again, what does this solve? This does nothing to increase security.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think it's meant to "solve" anything, the resorts have to be seen to be taking steps to increase security after October...this is an easy way to give people the impression they are keeping you safe without really being invasive or, honestly, costing the resort companies much money.

I don't personally mind it b/c I don't spend much time in the room, and I'm on top of what my knob-talker says, if I'm in the room "DND" is out there, when I'm gone, come on in, it's not MY room. Better these easy measures than being frisked at the entrance.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jmiller31

jmiller31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone else said it's security theater and to hopefully stop them from getting sued. First problem with that is nothing stops you from getting sued so that won't matter. Second is the security theater, there are plenty of people that get the warm fuzzies from stuff like this, they are generally the same people that think that the TSA stops terrorists yet allow people who buy 1st class tickets to go through the pre-check line.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jmiller31

jmiller31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry forgot to add these are also the people that think that MB could have prevented the shooting if only they sent all luggage through metal detectors yet would be the first to complain that they were 300th in line at check-in if this were done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about dead-bolts? Can security override them?

Birthday Week in the Tower Suites
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no problem with it. It's for 24 hrs right? When i'm in the room for the night i use the occupied/do not disturb card, when i'm leaving my room for a few hours in the morning/afternoons i leave the service card for housekeeping. When i come back to my room to put my makeup on, i presume housekeeping has already cleaned the room.
    I also presume security won't enter my room even if i have a do not disturb sign outside because i have already shown i'm OK because it's well within the 24 hr range.......correct?
    Basically security/houskeeping will never need to enter my room with me in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. jon_vegas

jon_vegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought they've always done this. Security has knocked and opened my door (not waiting for me to open it) twice during the past year. They've probably done it more times but I wasn't in the room. Security guy just said he was just checking if the room was occupied. um ok.

19. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's to try and protect their bank accounts in the case of lawsuits. "Here look we were being proactive". Meanwhile, it seems fairly pointless to me as well.

20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the security guard thing will last unless they have a bunch of things they do first before sending security. I keep the DND sign out the whole time I'm at a place, which is up to 7 nights. If I'm trying to have a snooze and I have the latch swung over, I'm not getting up. I may holler something so they know I'm alive, but what's the point of that?

They should at least call first and if you don't answer, leave a message on the room phone that says call us back by X or we're going to have to check your room. That's just a wellness check, which is fine. And if you have a players card, they should be able to see you had activity 20 minutes or 3 hours ago or whatever.

If they have security entering rooms when people are there, either because you don't answer, or you go to the door and they insist on you opening it all the way and/or coming in, I don't think people are going to put up with that.

It's been 5 months since the shooting, hopefully they've had enough time to think the whole process through before they implement it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.