$20 Caesars Palace

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Well worth it, sounds like the Hangover suite

2. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Latest trip had success at CP. Was originally booked in a Palace Premium room and with the $20 trick, was upgraded to an Augustus tower room. Wasn't an extremely great upgrade, but nicest tower and can't complain.

3. JPC

JPC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Caesars and after tipping $100 for an upgrade on a 5 night stay had the most fabulous, newly remodeled 1 bdrm suite in The Palace Tower. It was quite beautiful, I don't think I have had a better room anywhere. A bit of a steep tip but it worked so we were very happy. Overall I love it there so have no complaints.

• Like Like x 2
  4. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars
    $20 3 nights over a weekend. Roman Tower King. Upgrade to great strip view. (2005)
    $50 4 nights including a Saturday. Forum King > Octavius 2 Queens Pool View (2017)*
    $20 3 weekday nights Forum King > Octavius Pool View King (2017)

* This was booked through Priceline and bedding not guaranteed. Absolutely needed 2 beds so I went with $50. There's a theory that you can't do the trick if booked 3rd party. That was not the case for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. sinkster

sinkster "It's called a satchel"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back and had a comped Palace Premium room for three nights. With a $40 sandwich got upgraded to Augustus Tower/fountain view on the 34th floor. We were happy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bobbo2009

Bobbo2009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Caesars 12/10-12/14. Had an Augustus Tower room comped and used the $20 trick and got a Augustus Tower Petite Suite instead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried this at NOBU? Not sure there is huge mileage considering only 180 rooms, but would be nice to score a suite upgrade lol...

Any insight welcomed...

8. Lucky7

Lucky7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Caesar’s 2/22-2/24 on a comp. originally booked at palace tower. Checked in around 9:30pm, upon arrival I provided the agent with my ID, CC, rewards card, & $20.00 sandwich. Agent mentioned they were sold out but would definitely try to find me something nice. Got a room on the Augustus tower with a nice fountain view. This is the second time the $20.00 sandwich trick has worked at Caesar’s.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, the $20 trick did not work at Nobu, for either early check in or an upgrade. Limited inventory i assume...

10. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    078E36A6-929A-4DBD-AC02-CF988FA5BE2D.jpeg 8161233F-0046-41E0-BDFB-8645418714E8.jpeg 6D126796-FC87-4B2F-87B8-CFEC8E0CBA22.jpeg Checked in 6/21 for 4 nights comped in Forum Classic king. Used a $50 sandwich and got upgraded to Octavious tower pool view. Very happy with the upgrade.

I also asked about using the mini bar as a fridge. The woman at check in told no but they could deliver a second mini fridge to our room for us to use at no extra charge. Sweet!

• Like Like x 3
  11. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cograts. Forum Classic to Octavius Poolview is my favorite sandwich treat!

• Like Like x 1
  12. TroyKH

TroyKH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there June 16-21 and had Palace Premium room booked. Used the $20 sandwich and got upgraded to Octavius Tower Pool View room (very similar to 2 posts up). Wish I thought about asking for a second fridge at no charge, but overall very happy with the upgrade!

13. TheDirty

TheDirty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Monday July 30 - Friday August 3, had Forum Classic booked. Asked if they had any comp upgrades available, specifically Augustus Tower, two queens, fountain view. He stated he did, and gave us a high floor (40) to boot. $20 was provided as tip after transaction.

• Like Like x 4
  14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you scored!

15. onbrake

onbrake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got comped an octavius room in 2 weeks . Anyone have any luck with the 20 dollar trick. Any suggestions for restaurants. Do they have good older slots there. Table limits any good . Looking for a good cirque du soleil show to see. thanks for all the help.

16. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are you hoping to get for beyond a comped Octavius room? I'm not confident $20 would be well spent for something more than a free Octavius.

If you are not easily offended you should see Absinthe. It is hilarious. If money is not a concern see O. It is the best Cirque show. Get your tickets in advance though. If you liek Micheal Jackson, One at Mandalay absolutely rocks.

I haven't eaten at a lot of restaurants there but the bone in rib eye at Mesa grill is a must when i go there. My friends who have gone also swear on Joe's Stone Crab.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  17. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon Ramsey Pub & Grill. + Mesa grill (Bobby Flay). + Rao's. + Old Homestead Steak. We find ourselves walking over to Caesars (from Harrah's) quite often. -BCC

18. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $20 might get you a laurel collection Augustus tower room w a strip view, if you ask for that. I think those are the best rooms. While nice, the Octavious rooms are a hike to get from and to! Table minimums generally are $25 on nights and weekend. Can find some $15. Mesa grill is outstanding. Got to like food that is somewhat spicy(not burn your mouth spicy tho) raos meatballs and sauce(among other items) are great. Best steak on the strip is across the street at Paris. Gordon Ramsey steak(rib cap) the sticky toffee pudding is a must!

19. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesa Grill is great. The Octavious Tower rooms are great. As mentioned above, I would imagine Augustus with a fountain view would be the upgrade to go for. Octavious is close to the pool and buffet, both of which are worth checking out.

20. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the restaurants re good at CP but do not pass up Joe's in the forum shops. A must eat!