1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars- Palace Tower construction and cc hold

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by burdog, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Hoping since I'll be there in late December when it's slower I can score a decent view. Not sure there'd be much to see with a pool view in December :)

2. PAH

PAH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I like to see the hold clear because sometimes they make an error on my bill, even AFTER they send me a statement. When the hold clears I check balance and hotel bill and my card is essentially done with the trip. Just two trips ago I was at Paris and part of my offer was a resort credit. A friend of mine ate at mon ami gabi and I had it billed to my room. It was only 83 dollars and I knew it was not a restaraunt that was covered by a resort credit. So I would be paying the 83 dollars. At the end of trip they sent me a statement a few days later my card cleared the held funds and it just seemed like my balance for the trip was a little off. Not much, but a little. In turned out AFTER I received my final bill someone made an error and applied the 83 dollar charge to my resort credit AND it was already applied as a straight charge. So 83 other dollars that were covered by resort credit became a cash charge. Therefore my out of pocket as a whole was 83 extra. If I wasn't consciously waiting for the hold to clear in order to "close out " the trip I never would have caught the mistake. Without me checking once funds cleared I would have lost the 83 bucks. At the end of month I would not have caught the 83 dollars on my primary CC.

3. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I strenuously disagree. Some people, whatever the reason, have very low available credit and may not feel comfortable tying up a large chunk of that for something they know they aren't going to use. Yeah, "there isn't a transfer of funds", but it makes no functional difference to them. If you're traveling on some type of promotion or comp, it's not unheard of for the incidental deposits to approach or exceed the nightly room rate, and not everyone budgets for that-- putting a $450 hold on their funds (whatever the method) could mean they can't afford to do much else for the weekend. You can wag your finger about whether those people belong in Vegas, but they still exist.

EDC
  4. PAH

PAH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To add to your point, people go to a hotel in Vegas like the Venetian. They hold 200 a night for just thier bottom level accommodations. People often rent a car which is going to cost 150-300 and another 250 or so on hold by the car company. So having 1500 held before you put your room key in your door is very common.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. remmerde

remmerde VMB's Resident Cigar Sommelier

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay. Sorry about the finger wagging, I don't want to poke at anyone.

But I admit to be astonished someone with no access to anything more than one credit card with a $1500-2000 limit should be staying at the Venetian.

6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree!
    I have friends that have had one-two nights removed from their bill because noise from a neighboring hotel was loud in their room.
    Guessing the OP did not really fight for more for their inconvenience. Construction noise and a bad mattress seems like they could have done more.

7. PAH

PAH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand your point, and what your saying is logical. But many people are not logical, and the not logical ratio only goes up when discussing gamblers and Americans. That's not a shot at Americans or gamblers, I am both. It's just fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.