1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Bonus Tier Credit On Hotel Stay

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Crapster, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crapster

Crapster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if I spend $500 on Caesars property hotel will get me to platinum? I know $500 hotel spending = 2,500 tier credits, but do i get that 5,000 points bonus as I was earned by gambling?

2. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do not get the bonus. The bonus is on gambling only. You would get 2,500 TC total, 10 days after checkout.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is incorrect. I've gotten the bonus before on hotel-only spend (from a stay at Caesars Palace, during which I had no rated play, so there's no way it could have been based on gambling).

I've inquired to Caesars about how this works with bonuses before, and they've made it clear that "bonus" tier credits don't count towards the thresholds for the daily bonuses.

Since on a dollar-for-dollar basis, $500 spend would normally get you 500 tier credits, you'll get a "bonus" of 2,000 tier credits since the promo is 5x tier credits on hotel spend. That "bonus" does not count towards the daily bonuses, only the base $500 spend for 500 tier credits will.

So that does mean you'll get a 125 TC bonus for earning 500 TCs in a day. But you can't "stack" the bonuses as your original post describes.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  4. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say that is wrong, but a quote from their web site daily bonus page says they are based on "play" within a promotional period. At the top of the page though it does say on TC "earned" at all Caesars properties in the promotional day.

"Tier Credit bonuses are based on play within a Tier Credit bonus promotional period and only one bonus level per day can be earned"

I can say for certain though that I spent $700 on a suite at Caesar's Palace last month and did not get 125 bonus points when the points hit my account 10 days later. I just got exactly 5x the number of dollars on my invoice. Also had a day on that trip where I got > 400 but < 500 TC on slots and had about $200 on-property food spend during that gaming day and also did not receive the daily bonus that day. I only got one daily bonus for the whole trip and it was on a day when I exceeded 500 on just slots and VP.

Any which way you slice it, the bonus points definitely don't count toward daily bonuses though, whether or not the hotel spend points do - but again I've paid for CET rooms 3x this year and never have gotten daily bonus from them.

5. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never received bonus points on tier credits earned from hotel spend, or heard of it. Only from play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay... maybe I need more coffee - or grains.

I have read this three times. It starts out saying the statement about ONLY getting a bonus on gambling is wrong. Then you say you do get it on non gambling. Then it says you do not?

7. Crapster

Crapster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the explanation. I guess it won’t work since 2000 of the 2500 points are already the bonus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will say definitively I have gotten the bonus for spend as recently as January of 2018. I had charges to my comped room that after host discounts and reward credits came in at just over 1k. Wife and I were entertaining a group of 10 employees and spouses. About 10 days later they post and my tc increase by just over 1k. Next day I get an email for 1k tc bonus for tc earned the day before. When those two things happened I was 200 miles from a Caesars property.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking back, I agree I could have been clearer - but just to unpack what you were unclear about...

It starts out saying the statement about ONLY getting a bonus on gambling is wrong.

Correct.

Then you say you do get it on non gambling.

Correct. Like I said, I've done it.

Then it says you do not?

What I said is you cannot "stack" the bonuses. The CET promo is that you earn 5x tier credits on hotel spend. So if you spend $300 on a hotel room, you would normally receive 300 tier credits (i.e. $1 spend = 1 tier credit), but under this promo you would receive 1,500 tier credits (i.e. $1 spend = (1 tier credit * 5)). So even though you "earned" 1,500 tier credits, those 1,500 tier credits don't contribute towards a daily points bonus, because that's basically double dipping (i.e. getting the 5x tier credits promo AND the daily tier credits promo).

I'm not sure if they separate the "base" credits (i.e. the tier credits earned before the multiplier) for the sake of assessing daily bonus eligibility. But the point is that to address the OP's question, spending $500 on a hotel will indeed earn them 2,500 tier credits because of the 5x multiplier... but these extra credits will not qualify them for the daily bonus, which is what they're asking.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay... that clears up the mud a bit - Double LOL!

I think I will stick with no spend at CET other than gambling which of course is more expensive than paying for rooms, but that would rule out my #1 vice - gambling. #1 used to be sex, but I do not seem to be getting those offers so much anymore - wink wink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.