1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Caesar’s 75k slot tourney questions

Discussion in 'Slots' started by airblaster503, Aug 6, 2021.

1. airblaster503

airblaster503 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have an offer for a $75k slot tourney at the Rio for end of October. Comp offer for 4 nights at Linq or Harrahs. As it turns out it lines up midweek which are now my days off, but I have never done one of these before. If I go what should I expect as far as a time commitment goes each day? And am I correct that I would have to play it at the Rio even though my comps are mid strip?

2. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you would have to play at the Rio. Time commitment per session will vary by tournament but I'd plan on at least an hour or two to allow for lines, check in process, verifying your results, etc.

3. Brandt

Brandt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless things are changed the post covid CET tournaments are not like most. There is no tournament pit where you are with other people slapping the button for 5 mins. You play on any machine, after so many tier credits, the tournament system pops up on your machine.

Much less exciting compared to others, but you could still win the prizes.

4. Christina6001

Christina6001 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the last two slot tournaments at the Linq. My first time:) they will have the rules posted up for you to read and so far you can play anytime between 9am-6pm. You get one free entry and can play for more earned entries. I personally like this so I can work all day and then pop in after work to play. Plus then you pretty much know where you stand placement wise for play money. The one thing I found odd is they just take your highest score (it isn’t cumulative). Not sure how it will be at the Rio, but I went ahead and booked it so maybe see you there! Also, yes, since the tournament is at Rio, you have to play and earn the additional entries there (at least that’s how it was at the Linq). If you win, you can redeem at any of the Caesar properties, but once you redeem, it is only available at that property so depending on the amount, choose wisely!

5. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came here to ask something similar; I have an offer for a slot tourney at Venetian, and as a non-slot player I have no idea what these things entail; rather than start a separate thread thought I'd try tagging along here to get some insight. I had the same questions about time commitment etc.

I assume there is no strategy here? just push the button as many times as possible and hope for the best?

6. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt it’ll that at Rio. They have to be on that new system. Late last year only Linq and CP could do it that way. Also, I’ve read on some posts they are back to doing button smashing at least at CP and Wynn. Not Caesars properties but I’ve done tournaments the old way at Venetian and The D. MGM properties are doing it like that too. So I would say we don’t know how Rio will be doing it.

7. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done maybe 8 of the Venetian Palazzo ones recently. They use the Spinferno machines. Read about them here: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/spinferno-slot-tournament.186599/

It’s not clear what the Rio ones is so it might not be Spinferno.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually find the LV CET slot tournaments are not worth giving up one of my offers. Especially when the minimum is only $25 FPo_O
    I guess if you offers aren't high to start with or you "feeling lucky" it may be worth it for you.
    I wouldn't do it for "the experience" of smashing a button frantically.

The tournament offers I've received from Mlife are better in my opinion as the minimum is much more respectable.
    That said I'm doing my first tournament at the Wynn in a few days and hoping for some luck. :wiggle: